SCORE!!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have to agree with GSP: its his info to share or not. anyone who needs the info can ask politely or do the 4 years of research and work that GSP did to originally acquire the knowledge in the first place, or they can contribute to the forum. this being my 1st post: 1 down 9 to go. my thanks to all you smart folks for sharing. i have yet to melt, smelt, crush or curse anything precious....someday soon though

thanks,

Tim

Oh well, what the hell,

These are average values. They can vary considerably. The names given are those used in the trade. BMX, CMX, and NMX were names given to those types at that time (probably 1979-1980), but they stuck and are still used today. There are other types (circuit board litho, e.g.), but those listed probably make up about 99% of what's available. Most medical x-ray shots have dates on them. I know some of the Litho numbers don't seem to make sense, but they are what are used by buyers in the trade

Medical X-ray Film:

Acetate - 1962 and earlier ------------------------------------------ 0.25 tr.oz. Ag/pound of film
BMX (Before Medical X-rays – 1962 to 1976 ------------------ 0.235 tr.oz./pound
CMX (Current Medical X-ray) – 1977 to 1979 ----------------- 0.205 tr.oz./pound
NMX (New Medical X-ray) – 1980 to 1985 --------------------- 0.17 tr.oz./pound
RE (Rare Earth) – 1985 to Present ------------------------------ 0.10 tr.oz./pound
DryView - about 1996 to Present -------------------------------- 0.04 to .10 tr.oz./pound
Rare Earth DRS (Dark Room Scraps) – 1985 to Present -- 0.04 to .11 tr.oz./pound
Cat Scans --------------------------------------------------------------- 0.10 tr.oz./pound
GMX (Green - Rare Earth) - average undeveloped ------------ 0.18 tr.oz./pound

Litho Film:

News Litho – 4 mil film thickness – 95% black ----------------- 0.24 tr.oz./pound
A Litho – 4 mil – 85% black ------------------------------------------ 0.20 tr.oz./pound
B Litho – 4 mil – 75% black ------------------------------------------ 0.17 tr.oz./pound
C Litho – 4 mil – 65% black ------------------------------------------ 0.11 tr.oz./pound
Z Litho – 4 mil – 50% black, or less – average value ---------- 0.08 tr.oz./pound
News Litho – 7 mil – 95% black ------------------------------------- 0.13 tr.oz./pound
A Litho – 7 mil – 85% black ------------------------------------------ 0.11 tr.oz./pound
B Litho – 7 mil – 75% black ------------------------------------------ 0.08 tr.oz./pound
C Litho – 7 mil – 65% black ------------------------------------------ 0.05 tr.oz./pound
Z Litho – 7 mil – 50% black, or less – average value ---------- 0.03 tr.oz./pound
Virgin (undeveloped) Litho - 4 mil ---------------------------------- 0.28 tr.oz./pound
Virgin Litho – 7 mil ------------------------------------------------------ 0.15 tr.oz./pound

Industrial X-ray Film:

Black Industrial X-ray – average values -------------------------- 0.22 to 0.32 tr.oz./pound
Green (undeveloped) Industrial ------------------------------------- 0.65 tr.oz/pound max.

Miscellaneous Film:

Virgin 35mm Film Ends from photo processors (color) ------------ 0.53 tr.oz./pound
Micro Film ---------------------------------------------------------------- 0.08 tr.oz./pound
Micro Fiche --------------------------------------------------------------- 0.08 tr.oz./pound

GSP,

That gives those that do not know you a good look at the kind of experience and knowledge they are buying when they purchase your book.

Oz said:
GSP,

That gives those that do not know you a good look at the kind of experience and knowledge they are buying when they purchase your book.
Indeed it does!

GSP has experience in areas that I could have only hoped to have gone. Those that have an interest in his book should be well served by its purchase.

Harold

Wow, that was nice...and the thread's gotten interesting again. If i bug about it for 9 months or so can i get the book for free also :p ...seriously though, i'd be interested in your book; if you wanted to send me the info in a pm or on this thread (ie: price, topics) it would be appreciated.

ps...thx so much for all you've shared on the forum (from all ya'all for that matter;) I'm appreciative of it all; and should you choose to keep some things to yourself....so be it, apparently gardening's back in style and quite profitable to boot, I hear tomatos have gone sky high!! :lol: :lol:

goldsilverpro said:
Oh well, what the hell,

These are average values. They can vary considerably. The names given are those used in the trade. BMX, CMX, and NMX were names given to those types at that time (probably 1979-1980), but they stuck and are still used today. There are other types (circuit board litho, e.g.), but those listed probably make up about 99% of what's available. Most medical x-ray shots have dates on them. I know some of the Litho numbers don't seem to make sense, but they are what are used by buyers in the trade

Medical X-ray Film:

Acetate - 1962 and earlier ------------------------------------------ 0.25 tr.oz. Ag/pound of film
BMX (Before Medical X-rays – 1962 to 1976 ------------------ 0.235 tr.oz./pound
CMX (Current Medical X-ray) – 1977 to 1979 ----------------- 0.205 tr.oz./pound
NMX (New Medical X-ray) – 1980 to 1985 --------------------- 0.17 tr.oz./pound
RE (Rare Earth) – 1985 to Present ------------------------------ 0.10 tr.oz./pound
DryView - about 1996 to Present -------------------------------- 0.04 to .10 tr.oz./pound
Rare Earth DRS (Dark Room Scraps) – 1985 to Present -- 0.04 to .11 tr.oz./pound
Cat Scans --------------------------------------------------------------- 0.10 tr.oz./pound
GMX (Green - Rare Earth) - average undeveloped ------------ 0.18 tr.oz./pound

Litho Film:

News Litho – 4 mil film thickness – 95% black ----------------- 0.24 tr.oz./pound
A Litho – 4 mil – 85% black ------------------------------------------ 0.20 tr.oz./pound
B Litho – 4 mil – 75% black ------------------------------------------ 0.17 tr.oz./pound
C Litho – 4 mil – 65% black ------------------------------------------ 0.11 tr.oz./pound
Z Litho – 4 mil – 50% black, or less – average value ---------- 0.08 tr.oz./pound
News Litho – 7 mil – 95% black ------------------------------------- 0.13 tr.oz./pound
A Litho – 7 mil – 85% black ------------------------------------------ 0.11 tr.oz./pound
B Litho – 7 mil – 75% black ------------------------------------------ 0.08 tr.oz./pound
C Litho – 7 mil – 65% black ------------------------------------------ 0.05 tr.oz./pound
Z Litho – 7 mil – 50% black, or less – average value ---------- 0.03 tr.oz./pound
Virgin (undeveloped) Litho - 4 mil ---------------------------------- 0.28 tr.oz./pound
Virgin Litho – 7 mil ------------------------------------------------------ 0.15 tr.oz./pound

Industrial X-ray Film:

Black Industrial X-ray – average values -------------------------- 0.22 to 0.32 tr.oz./pound
Green (undeveloped) Industrial ------------------------------------- 0.65 tr.oz/pound max.

Miscellaneous Film:

Virgin 35mm Film Ends from photo processors (color) ------------ 0.53 tr.oz./pound
Micro Film ---------------------------------------------------------------- 0.08 tr.oz./pound
Micro Fiche --------------------------------------------------------------- 0.08 tr.oz./pound

Thanks for helping me find answers goldsilverpro , you are a great teacher...

Thanks for being on here and sharing information. I read some of your writings on your blog and thought they were good. Where are pages 1-13? I assume they are about the dissolving.

My thanks for these numbers. I would likely have been lurking for years before I made it to 10 posts :)

Back