SCORE!!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GSP,my Dear Friend:

Oh Yes!!!!!....that is progress!!!!...but if you want an enlargement of your picture then it is printed in silver halide paper.

As I know,shooting a picture is done by digital cameras,it is digitally printed on.....silver halide paper!!!!!.That is what I do,shoot with a digital camera,manipulate the file with Photoshop,record it in a stick memory and send it to the photo lab and they print it,digitally,in silver halide paper.So we can recovery the silver from bleach/fix.

Anyway...photography has changed to digital.

Your friend
Manuel

Not trying to kick up a dead horse here.
But, Manuel, as far as the forum (not the information) being free.....
Noxx does pay money to keep this forum here.
Not to mention the time it must take to keep this up and going.
Randy

Hi, I know I don't have many posts under my belt but i just wanted to add my two cents. I have lurked here for sometime and posted very little because I have nothing valuable to contribute in terms of process or technique. Having said that, Gold Silver Pro has always treated the members of this forum with respect and encouragement. He was also very kind to explain some of the basics to me via pm. I think that Manuel doesn't have a leg to stand on. Perhaps he didn't get the info in part because of the pushy and demanding tone he took.
I certainly would deny what I consider a pushy, wheedling, greedy person access to my intellectual property. In addition, Manuel seems to display subtle sociopathic tendencies. Observe the immediate change in tone after somebody suggested flattery and the fact that he expects to be able to manipulate anyone and everyone into giving him just what he wants without contributing anything.

sorry,
that was a long post.

walter said:
Perhaps he didn't get the info in part because of the pushy and demanding tone he took.
I believe he has the material. His point is that all information should be freely distributed, but, for some, that may not be in their best interest. GSP may have something planned for the future, so he may have all the reasons in the world to keep some of his hard gotten knowledge guarded. Dunno! But I can certainly understand the possibility.

Truth is, there's not really a free lunch. If someone wishes to treat readers to free knowledge, it is a gift, not an entitlement.

Harold

Manuel,

Are you saying that the photo machines in Mexico use silver halide paper? I’m not real sure about the ones in my area but now I will check, I had thought they were silver free here.

Walter:

Would you mind reading the all four pages of my discussion with GSP?.

You have to know the following:

I have many legs to stand on...first,the Forum`s policy,second,the Rights that U.S. Constitution gives me,the Right of Equality of human beings and the Right of free expression.

The info that GSP has kindly provided to me it was not new to me...I knew it since many years ago but it is very important to guys who want to recover silver from films,without assying each film,one of those guys could be you,Walter,so my fighting with GSP to re post the Chart becomes a fight for guys exactly like you,guys who want to know or guys who have just a few (or none) posts and need more participation.To reach these goals knolwledge must be free available.

About you intellectual property (if any) you can do whatever you want but if you ever post an info then keep it posted because nobody is asking you to post anything.

If you want to use flattery it is up to you...flattery will get you nowhere,but do not stop trying.

Finally,I,Manuel, who "seems to display subtle sociopathic tendencies",have posted all the information I have,all my working processes that I use without expecting anything in return and with the sole purpose of sharing my knowledge with guys who want to know,exactlly like you...Walter,do not bite the hand that feeds you.

God bless you.
Manuel

I tried to resist joining this brouhaha but I can't. Calling Manuel a "psychopath" was a bit unfair. I think his heart is in the right place but he's being a bit too pushy with this and just didn't know when to stop.

Manuel, GSP has every right to choose how he disseminates information that he put time and effort into acquiring. It is intellectual property. That is an abstract concept and is difficult for humans to put their minds around sometimes, but the fact is that GSP expended effort in producing that information, just as he would expend effort in growing, say, some ripe juicy tomatoes. In that case, no one would question that those tomatoes are his to do with as he pleases, because he prepared the soil, planted the seeds, introduced the water, cultivated the plant and harvested the tomatoes. It's harder to see this analogy with intellectual property, i.e. ideas, knowledge, information, because these are concepts that can be duplicated with minimal effort, whereas tomatoes must be grown with hard work and natural resources.

Imagine if his putting the document up in this forum is like him putting his basket of tomatoes out in the center of the town square with a "free" sign on it. After a few people take some tomatoes he decides to take the basket back and give away the tomatoes if other people bring vegetables to the town square to give away as well. So what did GSP do? Well, in fact, he made it so that the town not only enjoyed nice tomatoes, but also lettuce, perhaps peas, carrots, maybe some celery, etc.

By asking that other people who want the document to post at least 10 messages to the forum, he is actually leveraging his valuable intellectual property to encourage other people to contribute their intellectual property, in a way that benefits everyone in the forum. So, far from being selfish, GSP is actually encouraging other people to be selfless like he is to the advantage of all of us. GSP is turning his basket of tomatoes into a salad for the entire community.

Do you understand now?

In the end, whatever GSP decides to do is his prerogative, because it's his information, that he acquired, and you should respect that.

Um Walter, Silver Pro had already sent Manual the information by private Email. Manual was just trying to get him to put it back up for everyone .
Manual Im a newbie to this site but I will say Silver pro's thoughts about just sitting that kind of hard learned information out for the trollers to grab. and then use it for themselves or charge others for the information. Is very sound thinking I would think that having offered that information for a mere ten posts would be very sound idea. i dont know how it is in your country but here in the good old usa scamming conmen lurk all over the place. Ive been chased off my own jade mine at gun point . Shouldnt the good stuff be emailed privetly to the right people . Just to avoid these type of people taking advantage of it. 10 posts dont seem like much. That being said I dont have 10 posts because Im spending my time learning from you guys and im not really looking for info on silver recovery from film either Im more of a mining type guy. Bill

Chumbawamba:

Oh My God!!!!!!!...you should be a teacher!!!!!....the metaphor of those nice ripe juicy tomatoes is perfect!!!.But you have not considered an aspect...the area of the parcel when the tomatoes are growing...let us suppose that the area and the quality of the tomatoes are proportional to the number of posts that every member has in his belt.What do we have?.

Well,we have a few guy with a huge extension of land with many tonns of those nice ripe,juicy tomatoes,won with their efforts and hard work.

Some guys have a small and rare gardens with exotic fruits and some nice tomatoes but the vast majority has nothing,because they do not have enough land or they do not know how to grow tomatoes.In both cases,the vast majority wants to have more land or learn how to grow tomatoes.Certainly,thereare some guys very ungrateful who are only looking to eat tomatoes regardless of who they are.

The Law,allows everybody grows tomatoes,does not limit the land extension and allows everybody exchange opinios and ideas about tomatoes.

What must we do to improve tomatoes quality and production?.

Should we expropriate all the lands and give them to the guys who own huge extensions of lands and know how to grow tomatoes?

Should we expropriate all tomatoes and give them to the dispossessed to eat or to star a tomato battle?

Should we create a "Tomato Council" that improves the knowledge about tomato`s growing?

Should we shoot the ungrateful guys?

The discussion is open,any idea or opinion is welcome.

Regards.
Manuel

Ok, while shooting the ungrateful guys seems tempting, all of you into fruits & veggies should trade your gold to me. :p I'll trade 1000 to 1 tomatoes for gold. 8) Heck, I'll even show you how to grow your own! :lol:

Sorry about dredging this swill back up, but I stumbled across this old thread while exploring the forum and it struck a chord with me. I have run a glassmaking forum for over 10 years and every once in a while this same type of "discussion" comes up. Someone who has worked long and hard to acquire certain highly useful information is hounded and berated by someone else demanding that everything he knows should be posted for all to see and use. Almost invariably, according to the person who wants the info posted, the possessor of the information has absolutely no rights of discretion about whom or how he shares the info, because everyone else has a God-given right to every last bit of his information. Well... *Tough bananas!! (*wording changed by Harold)

Anyone posting on an information board like this one has every right to post as much - or as little - information about a subject as he/she is comfortable with. They worked to get the information and it is theirs to share or not, with whomever they choose, as that person decides. No one else has a right to tell them they MUST share EVERYTHING they know. It is rude and it is ignorant.

Sorry about the rant. Over the years of running my own information board this has become one of my pet peeves.

Brad

P.S. As you can see from my post count, I am also one who doesn't yet qualify for receiving the information discussed above. I am perfectly happy to wait until I have 10 posts to request it.

wow now it's bannana's instead of tomatoes? lets just get back to gold and silver.
I have dropped a jar of silver, copper, ect, powders, cleaned up the mess with paper towels,
trying to figure out the best way to deal with this, without burning off too much of my silver into vapor's, besides all the ground squirels around my property got all my tomatoes this year, I usually have truck loads to give away, had 70 tomatoe plants this year, and them lil bugars got every one, also all my apples pumpkins, potatoes, just about everythingwe grew, we had 6 familys of squirels last year and this year they had about 6 babys each, (guess its trapping time), these things can really pack the stuff away, bought a fifty pound sack of alfalfa pellets, well in one day a squirel packed off 25 pounds of it, well I took the 25 pounds left and put it into a plastic bucket with lid, came back the next day walked by the bucket and out ran that lil bugar from a hole he knawed in the side of the plastic bucket,by the end of the day he packed off the other 25 pounds.

I just hope these ground sqirels don't start looking for my gold and silver.
oops I am off topic this is the gold forum, who care's about my tomatoe's?
I just really like all the information the forum members do share, and really appreciate Juan's and GSP talent and willingness to help us, I feel they are both great guys, and we have all benifited greatly from their being a part of this forum. THANKS.

glassmaker said:
snip... *Tough bananas!! (*wording changed by Harold) ...snip

Apparently my original wording was a little too "colorful". (Sorry Harold.)
I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Brad

glassmaker said:
glassmaker said:
snip... *Tough bananas!! (*wording changed by Harold) ...snip

Apparently my original wording was a little too "colorful". (Sorry Harold.)
I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Brad
Not a problem, and it wasn't anything we don't hear in everyday language, but I try to keep this forum on a level that's above average. After all, most of us are, so I think it's fitting.

Besides, readers should have more respect for those that can speak properly, without the use of profanity or vulgar comments. Such posts lend credence to the source.

Those that know me know that I am nothing like what I described. When I speak, I tend to include all kinds of off comments. I choose to avoid them when posting, however. I have to set a high standard, otherwise I would appear to be a hypocrite. I try to ask nothing more from readers than that which I am prepared to offer from myself.

Harold

Back