For sale Ultrafine Copper powder

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We at the bloom family office have 242 KG of Utra Fine Copper Powder sitting in our warehouse in Vegas for sale for $1000/gram. Please message me anytime of your interested in coming by to buy or take a look at the product.

Why in the world would I pay $1,000 per gram for copper powder when I can buy it for $0.044 per gram (that's 4 & half cents) or $20 per pound - even cheaper if I buy more then one pound

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2541784671...zJWHAxENnb00NXe81JROvwlKha30|tkp:BFBM7MKvttJj

Kurt

Why would we need ultra fine copper in refining precious metals?

300 (or 325) mesh copper is your best choice when it comes to cementing PGMs --- FAR better then cementing PGMs with a solid bar of copper & an air bubbler

And for what it is worth - when done right - you can cement PMs (gold - silver or PGMs) using copper powder & have your PMs come back very near pure - if not pure

I have successfully cemented PMs from solutions using copper powder & had my PMs come back between 995 & yes even 999

Copper powder in fact does have a place/use in the refining of PMs - this was taught to me by 4metals like 9 years ago which you can read about here ----------

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/fuzz-button-interconnects-need-some-advice.22203/#p232030

Ever since 4metals taught me about the use of copper powder in refining I have kept some on hand as another tool in my tool box & in "certain" situations is my preferred method for getting my PMs back from solutions

In fact at one point in time I was going to make my own atomizer in order to make my own copper powder for using in my refining - the only reason I did not make the atomizer for making my own copper powder was that it was about the same time I was deciding to retire from my full time refining

Kurt

300 (or 325) mesh copper is your best choice when it comes to cementing PGMs --- FAR better then cementing PGMs with a solid bar of copper & an air bubbler

And for what it is worth - when done right - you can cement PMs (gold - silver or PGMs) using copper powder & have your PMs come back very near pure - if not pure

I have successfully cemented PMs from solutions using copper powder & had my PMs come back between 995 & yes even 999

Copper powder in fact does have a place/use in the refining of PMs - this was taught to me by 4metals like 9 years ago which you can read about here ----------

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/fuzz-button-interconnects-need-some-advice.22203/#p232030

Ever since 4metals taught me about the use of copper powder in refining I have kept some on hand as another tool in my tool box & in "certain" situations is my preferred method for getting my PMs back from solutions

In fact at one point in time I was going to make my own atomizer in order to make my own copper powder for using in my refining - the only reason I did not make the atomizer for making my own copper powder was that it was about the same time I was deciding to retire from my full time refining

Kurt
I agree, but what they are trying to sell here is something entirely different.
Etter by size or purity, not entirely clear.
1000 USD per gram is quite steep.

Kurt
You said it before, but after reading that thread i'm defenitely trying it. I will use my fine copper cell copper powder after straining out 300 mesh and a sulfuric acid rinse.

Mix this powder with gold oxide... then apply blowtorch flame... and then proceed to explode. (produces the most violent thermite-type reaction known!)
I can't see how, Gold is non reactive and Copper almost non reactive.
Anyway we usually try to avoid explosions in our Gold.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a few questions.
According to specifications i have. Can anyone tell me the real price for it? Not according to London metals exchange.
Or how to evaluate?
And also who can use it or a whom to offer? like institutes or factories, etc....
Someone saying that somehow it used also as a financial instrument....
Everyone is playing "smart", but no real serious answers.
Thanks in advance
p.s.
I understand that is not thousands or hundreds

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    309 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    326.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    918.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    841.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.png
    5.png
    904.7 KB · Views: 0
I can't see how, Gold is non reactive and Copper almost non reactive.
Anyway we usually try to avoid explosions in our Gold.
It's due to redox reaction rates. The gold oxide is very unhappy that it exists, and the fine copper power is actually highly reactive when heated.

But, not many people (aside from crazy chemists) want to risk vaporizing thousands of dollars in gold. There are plenty of thermite reactions possible. All it takes is for the less reactive metal to be in the form of an oxide, and the more reactive metal to be in powder form.

Copper oxide and fresh iron filings works too.

Back