All metals rainbow solutions

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbymoon1177

O k guys so, Sitting around board one day I decided to make a skittles arrangement inside of a mason jar or one gallon Pickle jar. The picture I'm going to be sending with this form will show you a rainbow of Skittles.Now pretty sure I got 7 of the elements in there. Maybe eight metals. Please if you don't feel like reading this at least go to the end.Because I'm going to have a few questions that anybody is possible can answer That I'm. stumped about. First off a solution that I'm sending a picture of is a solution that took me about 3 weeks to make.In many, many drops and reloads and more Drops and more precipitants then heating and cooling and more heating more cooling and mixing and filtering and more mixing and etc. Etc. LO.L my drops consisted of sodium metabisulfite, sodium bicarbonate, ferrous sulfite and a self precipitated ferrous that seemed to work pretty well. My beginning formulas consisted of 3 different batches. Batch #1 was muriatic (HCL) and peroxide ( H020).. batch #2 I messed up thinking I was working on #1 and started it with HCL ( muriatic acid ) + NaCID sodium hypochlorite or ( bleach) and I just said screw it and continued my journey forward by adding vitamin C pellets and some wasted fertilizer I had laying around the house that had ammoniacle nitrogen and phosphate, magnesium etc. And both soluble and insoluble water nitrogen. The rest was after the percipitating.. #3 consisted of very little sulfuric ( liquid lightening) and AP solution with a hint of chlorine filled water ( tap water).. oh and there is a fourth I will tell on the next time around.. so all this being said, YES, I do know what I'm playing with and the capabilities of each solution, it's mixes and what they are capable of, and the disposing of such solutions..mustard gases, amongst many many other very good for your sinuses gases. Lol.but yes, I do use safety gear when I remember and i do take major precautions in well ventilated or outside or under my hood well out in the middle of nowhere, ohio.. , so, can anybody tell me from bottom to the top each color and the metals involved please. I'm pretty sure I already know but I do get on here everyday just to see if there is anything I might be able to assist or answer or at least put an opinion on and I Rea many of the forums and what people ask about and the answers you guys give hence the reasoning behind me coming and posting here first. Cause I very much trust this site with all honesty..
OK, so my few questions.
#1 already asked, but to make sure im seeing it correctly, what colors do u see and what metals involved for each color.
#2 why, after I stannous my solution on a spoon, and it starts to form color,I add stump out, is the only time it fizzes and doesnt react to my jar or my solution until i do.. I don't understand that one..
#3 and lastly, Ok, when I do have my solution on my spoon, and I add sodium metabisulfite to it, it instantly changes to red then drops in solution and disappears. Spoon and directly into the jar that i already dropped from. It disappears then reappears a few minutes later with an attitude then drops to the bottom like a good little boy and disappears again.. then in the morning, I can filter without no problem and it's in solution and now on filter. And Ok, one more
#4 I guess I will put a few pics up. What is the gray sluge that turns brownish when dried and the white sluge that turns green when dried and the dark is grayish that turns black dried. ....
Whew, OK guys. I'm sorry so long. I tried to keep it interesting and tried like he'll to keep it focused.thanks in advance my fellow
e-scrappamaniacs... Moon..

Attachments

• 20240415_153036.jpg
    20240415_153036.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_005633-COLLAGE.jpg
    20240416_005633-COLLAGE.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_005037.jpg
    20240416_005037.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_003939.jpg
    20240416_003939.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_005025.jpg
    20240416_005025.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_003904.jpg
    20240416_003904.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_004206.jpg
    20240416_004206.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_003830.jpg
    20240416_003830.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
O k guys so, Sitting around board one day I decided to make a skittles arrangement inside of a mason jar or one gallon Pickle jar. The picture I'm going to be sending with this form will show you a rainbow of Skittles.Now pretty sure I got 7 of the elements in there. Maybe eight metals. Please if you don't feel like reading this at least go to the end.Because I'm going to have a few questions that anybody is possible can answer That I'm. stumped about. First off a solution that I'm sending a picture of is a solution that took me about 3 weeks to make.In many, many drops and reloads and more Drops and more precipitants then heating and cooling and more heating more cooling and mixing and filtering and more mixing and etc. Etc. LO.L my drops consisted of sodium metabisulfite, sodium bicarbonate, ferrous sulfite and a self precipitated ferrous that seemed to work pretty well. My beginning formulas consisted of 3 different batches. Batch #1 was muriatic (HCL) and peroxide ( H020).. batch #2 I messed up thinking I was working on #1 and started it with HCL ( muriatic acid ) + NaCID sodium hypochlorite or ( bleach) and I just said screw it and continued my journey forward by adding vitamin C pellets and some wasted fertilizer I had laying around the house that had ammoniacle nitrogen and phosphate, magnesium etc. And both soluble and insoluble water nitrogen. The rest was after the percipitating.. #3 consisted of very little sulfuric ( liquid lightening) and AP solution with a hint of chlorine filled water ( tap water).. oh and there is a fourth I will tell on the next time around.. so all this being said, YES, I do know what I'm playing with and the capabilities of each solution, it's mixes and what they are capable of, and the disposing of such solutions..mustard gases, amongst many many other very good for your sinuses gases. Lol.but yes, I do use safety gear when I remember and i do take major precautions in well ventilated or outside or under my hood well out in the middle of nowhere, ohio.. , so, can anybody tell me from bottom to the top each color and the metals involved please. I'm pretty sure I already know but I do get on here everyday just to see if there is anything I might be able to assist or answer or at least put an opinion on and I Rea many of the forums and what people ask about and the answers you guys give hence the reasoning behind me coming and posting here first. Cause I very much trust this site with all honesty..
OK, so my few questions.
#1 already asked, but to make sure im seeing it correctly, what colors do u see and what metals involved for each color.
#2 why, after I stannous my solution on a spoon, and it starts to form color,I add stump out, is the only time it fizzes and doesnt react to my jar or my solution until i do.. I don't understand that one..
#3 and lastly, Ok, when I do have my solution on my spoon, and I add sodium metabisulfite to it, it instantly changes to red then drops in solution and disappears. Spoon and directly into the jar that i already dropped from. It disappears then reappears a few minutes later with an attitude then drops to the bottom like a good little boy and disappears again.. then in the morning, I can filter without no problem and it's in solution and now on filter. And Ok, one more
#4 I guess I will put a few pics up. What is the gray sluge that turns brownish when dried and the white sluge that turns green when dried and the dark is grayish that turns black dried. ....
Whew, OK guys. I'm sorry so long. I tried to keep it interesting and tried like he'll to keep it focused.thanks in advance my fellow
First of all: Get some gloves on your hands when handling chemicals man.

Second: It is but impossible for us to say anything about your pictures unless you have a detailed description of the history behind each picture.

Third: If you cant get the formulae correct just use the names.

Just a guess on the rainbow bottle, some dissolved Copper with Iron compounds partly precipitated.

well, just to describe one element: copper...
copper oxide is red or black, cupric chloride is green or blue when dilute, cuprous chloride is white when insoluble or brown when soluble, copper nitrate can also be greenish or blueish, but different from cupric chloride.

And that's only one metal.

So no possible answer based on color of solution. You will guess at best.

....added to what?..., to the solution or the spoon
...until i do... WHAT?
please be precise in chemistry. what did you to to which solution in which order.
does not react to a jar? What do you mean? stannous does not detect jars

Some paragraphs and spaces would make your post better readable.

OK, so my few questions.
Hi,

I think I`m missing something.. lol...got lost in your novel...

So you have tried to recover (or refine) some ewaste and you have mixed ratios of chemicals to do so, but now you don`t know what metals have dropped from your solutions?

Well we don`t know it either unless you will start from the beginning and tell us what was your starting material and how did you proceed (selected material, mixed material and so on).

Please don`t take this the wrong way, but we can only formulate an answer to your questions if we know all the details on what you have done step by step.

Pete

Back