• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade Trade Mint Fresh 999 1 oz rounds for your scrap silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that you did trade with some EU based people. Any feedback from them? I mean did they received stuff without any problems with tax and custom people?

Hey scrapman1077

I came across this post, and it's sweet what your doing here. I am a currency & coin collector have been now for 33+ years got started when I was 5 with parents even though then I didn't know what I was doing. Now married with 3 kids the collection has gotten a lot bigger, and over $20k as it is going to be left to the kids. Me and the wife has been going through making sure we have at least 3 of every single coin, same date everything to a t so they all get the same exact thing.

That brings me to wonder with what you are doing do you ever go through the coins you get, and pick out rare dates, or mint marks as some would be a lot more valuable to the collector than the silver it contained? Like from these mint marks below some are gold mint marks only?

•C: Charlotte (Gold only, 1838-1861)
•CC: Carson City (1870-1893)
•D: Dahlonega, Georgia (Gold only, 1838-1861)
•D: Denver (1906 to date; easily distinguishable from Dahlonega because of the different timeframes in which the mints operated)
•O: New Orleans (1838-1909)
•P: Philadelphia (Silver "Nickels" 1942-45; Dollar coins 1979 to date; other coins except cents 1980 to date. Although the Philadelphia mint has been operating continuously since 1793, most Philadelphia coins do not have a mintmark)
•S: San Francisco (1854 to date. Now mints collector coins only. The last circulating coin to bear an 'S' mintmark was the 1980-S SBA Dollar)
•W: West Point (1983 to date; collector coins only)

I could do what your doing, but I'd be like a kid in a candy store when I got the coins especially if they would be any of below. Honestly most likely 1/2 maybe more of the coins wouldn't be going to the refinery they'd be going in the collection my kids would love it.

•Silver Three Cent Pieces
•Nickel Three Cent Pieces
•Shield Nickel
•Liberty Nickel
•Buffalo Nickel
•Jefferson Nickel: Copper-Nickel pieces dated 1938-42 and 1946-64 Silver pieces dated 1942-45
•Early and Bust Half Dimes
•Seated Liberty Half Dime
•Early and Bust Dimes
•Seated Liberty Dime
•Barber Dime
•Mercury Dime
•Roosevelt Dime 1946-64
•Twenty Cent Piece
•Early and Bust Quarters
•Seated Liberty Quarter
•Barber Quarter
•Liberty Standing Quarter
•Washington Quarter 1932-64
•Early Half Dollar
•Bust Half Dollar
•Seated Liberty Half Dollar
•Barber Half Dollar
•Walking Liberty Half Dollar
•Franklin Half Dollar
•Kennedy Half Dollar 1964
•Early and Gobrecht Silver Dollars
•Seated Liberty Dollar
•Trade Dollar
•Morgan Dollar
•Peace Dollar

However didn't mean to keep going on I was mainly just curious if you refined all the coins, or picked over them? Again congrats on what your doing here helping the forum.

BK, The US coins I get are for the most part wanting to be refined, I see very few that anyone would add to a "collection" and yes I do go thru them. Thanks for the kind words.
Jay

I have shipped to Denmark and Gremany, no problems. I did not hear anything about taxes or duties to be paid, no problems with customs to date.

Ofcourse the customer has to pay taxes and duties. If they had not, the boxes weren't declared correctly and they were very lucky the customs haven't discovered it, - otherwise they would have been charged for penalty. If the declarations outside the box are correct, they pay the duties and taxes to the postman or if the declaration isn't complete, they have to get the package from their local customs headquarter and pay there.

So,it is really important, the sender makes a correct and complete declaration. If you are not sure, ask you local post office.

In fact, you need to find some really good offers, if it shall make sense to buy outside your free trade area. Once I got a nice palladium ring from the US, which inklusively taxes and duties did cost me only the spotprice of the metal. That made sense.

Brandon/Kelly
Because the posts I provided drifted off topic, I have moved them to the Bar & Grill Forum, where I will post pictures of the dollar bill in question, along with a few other bills that are not exactly common.

You can access the thread by clicking this link:

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=14782&p=196293#p196293

Harold

Back