Silver Cell 5

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGDOCK

Supporting Member
Getting there …
10 plus ounces pulled out of Silver Cell 5
Picture on the left crystals recovered today .
Picture on right is shot (353grams) that I poured this weekend that was cemented out from some of this batches electrolyte, and some cemented silver I had laying around.
As always thanks so much

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Getting there …
10 plus ounces pulled out of Silver Cell 5
Picture on the left crystals recovered today .
Picture on right is shot (353grams) that I poured this weekend that was cemented out from some of this batches electrolyte, and some cemented silver I had laying around.
As always thanks so much
Amazing crystals..Congrats

I would be interested in purchasing some of the crystaline silver from you. If you want to save yourself the trouble of melting into bars.

So I finally used a 4L stainless steel bowl.
Silver crystals turned out ok
Heated the solution this time and added KNO3
How do you figure out the correct ratio of KNO3 to use ? I just added. Three tablespoons , next time i will give tartic acid a try.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
So I finally used a 4L stainless steel bowl.
Silver crystals turned out ok
Heated the solution this time and added KNO3
How do you figure out the correct ratio of KNO3 to use ? I just added. Three tablespoons , next time i will give tartic acid a try.
Thanks
I don't know if anyone knows the answer, and if they do they may consider it a secret.

If you work it out for yourself through experimentation and documentation, please share your results here. I'd be interested in duplicating the results. I found Amesametrita's thread very enlightening.

Dave

I don't know if anyone knows the answer, and if they do they may consider it a secret.

If you work it out for yourself through experimentation and documentation, please share your results here. I'd be interested in duplicating the results. I found Amesametrita's thread very enlightening.

Dave
I’ve don’t this before and always got minimal growth. My question is. Does it really grow silver or does it just pull pure silver out of the sterling shot in the filter?

Split half the electrolyte cemented out one half and stated a 1L silver cell to see how far I can go with it . I made up some make up solution To replace the evaporated electrolyte . 100ml distilled water plus KNO3 made hydroxides .
KNO3+H2O-> KOH+ H(NO3)
Tested this twice
Then added KNO3 straight into the solution .
Not sure how KNO3+AuHNO reacts
But no hydroxides were formed 2 tablespoons added to hot solution . Crystal growth did improve on a cathode spot that was not insulated from the solution and was close to the anode basket .

Edited for grammar mistake

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpeg
    IMG_0469.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Back