Palladium in various states of process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harold_V said:
I've threatened for some time to post a picture of samples of palladium that I kept from my refining years. Below, you will see five sample bottles, along with one of the new US $1 bronze coins.

The first specimen, left side, contains palladium that was precipitated with ammonium chloride and sodium chlorate. The salt was then dissolved in ammonium hydroxide and re-precipitated with HCL. The color changes from red to pale yellow, as you can see.

The second specimen is palladium precipitated with ammonium chloride and sodium chlorate.

The third specimen is palladium precipitated with dimethylglyoxime (DMG). Note the bright yellow color.

Fourth specimen is calcined palladium salt----in this case precipitated with ammonium chloride and sodium chlorate.

Fifth specimen is a small bead of palladium.

Harold

Hi

Thanks for sharing all the knowledge you have...
I am not that much familiar with moler mass or molecular weight...
I been searching online to find the calculation or theory of Palladium present in hot air dried Palladium Dimethylglyoxime complex...

Or in simple way i want information about...
How much Palladium is present in 100 grams of Palladium Dimethylglyoxime? (70⁰ C hot air dried... Same as you shared 3rd sample)

Back