How to get palladium from silver solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saperate silver with hydrochloric acid and then i add zinc in solution then i collect all powder and melt this but palladium is also i get but not pure copper is mix with this how i get pure PD
What was start material?
Silver do not dissolve in HCl.
Pd do not normally dissolve in HCl either.
So please give us more details.

Hi i need help my english is not good but i try my best i need help in percipitation Palladium from silver solution

I saperate silver with hydrochloric acid and then i add zinc in solution then i collect all powder and melt this but palladium is also i get but not pure copper is mix with this how i get pure PD
Use DMG instead of zinc

Don't have time to post more wight now as I have to leave for work

Kurt

I have 15 kg silver i tested in XrF machine this can tell 96 percent Ag 3 percent Pd and 1 percent copper so i pericipitae Pd from my Ag
What are you going to do with it?
Sell it or use it for a secondary product?

Sell Pd and silver using for gold refining
In that case the purity should not matter much as long as it is over the limit for what the buyer pays for.
They will refine it further or sell it on anyway.
If it was to be used for say, jewelry it is another matter, then it has to be free of embritteling elements.

Hi i need help my english is not good but i try my best i need help in percipitation Palladium from silver solution
One methode, which i never try, but i will give it a try and one of our member did is:
Get up the pH around 6 with KOH. You will have Pd hydroxide and Ag hydroxide. As he state, there will be few amount of Ag hydroxide.
Filter it and you will have the black powder in your filter. Then rince it with HCl, which will change both hydroxide to Chloride.
AgCl will stay solid and in filter, PdCl will go down as filtrate.
I will give a try, when i will have some times...i have around 20 liter of mixed Ag and Pd, used to inquarte white gold jewellry.
More or less 300 gram of Pd inside 20 liters.

Back