Ceramic CPU's Yield Contest

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright I'm going to end the contest early, I will take guesses until 11:59 PM February 13, and announce the winners on February 14.

Again good luck everyone and thank you for playing along 8) 8) 8)
Chris

Thank you for doing this contest Chris. We all learn from the results, so in a way, we are all winners.

Claudie said:
Thank you for doing this contest Chris. We all learn from the results, so in a way, we are all winners.

Thank you Claudie,
I have never felt more welcome on the internet then I feel here, The family like orientation on this forum is fantastic, and I am more then grateful I found a place and community I can call family and home. I have learned so much in a short period of time, and will continue to learn, and I have took heed to all the wisdom I could attain.

So thank you everyone,
Chris

I have learned a lot here too, and not just about refining PMs. I look forward to reading the new posts each day. I think there is a lot of honesty here that is very difficult to find on the internet today. The sharing, caring, and openness of the members is a rare find. The moderators do an excellent job of keeping the spammers out, and the members in line. This is a great place to learn and make some new friends, I really enjoy coming here. :|

cnbarr said:
I may have to end this contest early too, if no more guesses come in.
Keep guessing what do you have to lose?

Good luck everyone and have a great weekend,
Chris

This is where I lost it :( sorry for makeing it rain

It is my hunch that readers should vote ONE TIME ONLY. After all, if every reader votes every possibility, how does anyone win?

If this contest was mine, I'd delete any duplicate votes. Can't do that without the permission of cnbarr.

Should I?

Harold

Harold,
You were correct on the "only one vote per member"
cnbarr said:
(snip)
Now for the contest portion, Guess on the total yield of the two test batches combined (4lbs total, 64 cpu's), the closest one without going over wins. The closest that goes over takes 2nd place. Please only guess in 10th's of a gram as that is all my scale measures and only one guess per person.
(snip)
Tom C.

niteliteone said:
Harold,
You were correct on the "only one vote per member"
cnbarr said:
(snip)
Now for the contest portion, Guess on the total yield of the two test batches combined (4lbs total, 64 cpu's), the closest one without going over wins. The closest that goes over takes 2nd place. Please only guess in 10th's of a gram as that is all my scale measures and only one guess per person.
(snip)
Tom C.

Yes only one vote per person, and Harold you can delete any double and triple posts if you would like, I have a list of all the guesses and will only count first guesses.

Haha sorry but when I read keep votin guys I assumed the wrong option I'll remove all but my first ...

My bad I got excited..

Alright we have the winners. 8)

1st place edi-gold with 4g prize-1lb ceramic AMD duron/athelon cpu's
2nd place Sucho with 4.5g prize-0.5lb ceramic AMD duron/athelon cpu's
Bonus ericrm with 0.0g prize-1 pentium pro

I have posted the results of the contest in this thread because that's where it started http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=12845&p=130756#p130756

Thanks everyone for playing along, and providing an awesome environment to come and learn and make new friends.

Congrats to the winners, pm me your info and I will get those in the mail.

Thank you all again,
Chris

hahaha nice 8)
thank you chris
so the final answer is that there is not any difference with breaking cpu in piece rather than just open them... at least for those particular one

good work :lol:

ericrm said:
hahaha nice 8)
thank you chris
so the final answer is that there is not any difference with breaking cpu in piece rather than just open them... at least for those particular one

good work :lol:

Yes, there was no difference in yield, but What I did find out is that the crushed batch finished much faster then the broken batch, so they seem to process faster being crushed then not crushed.

i cant talk for others
but personnaly i will not broke mine in piece anymore,
i will remove the lid end put them on the side
may i ask if you have found any silver or palladium in your nitric acid?

Back