Paliney 7 what to do

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmhunter86

I bought a pallet of old electronic and circuit card manufacturing material. One of the items in the box was a tube marked Paliney 7 Heat treated. From what I can tell it contains mostly palladium, gold, and platinum. I'm wondering if anyone had dealt with this before?

Attachments

• 20230523_142352.jpg
    20230523_142352.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Hello. I agree with @macfixer01 :). Here on the forum there are guaranteed to be some who can guide you. I myself am a beginner and unfortunately do not have much knowledge to give you in this regard. However, I was curious about what else is on the pallet you bought, in addition to the PGM/PM-enriched tube hihi.. Of course you don't need to tell me, I was just curious.
/Dennis

I bought a pallet of old electronic and circuit card manufacturing material. One of the items in the box was a tube marked Paliney 7 Heat treated. From what I can tell it contains mostly palladium, gold, and platinum. I'm wondering if anyone had dealt with this before?
Lucky indeed, this one might sell for a good price.
I believe the resell value might be quite superior to its metal content.
Ebay or others can give a pointer.

I am wondering it it might be a practical electrode material for some types of electrochemical work.

Hello. I agree with @macfixer01 :). Here on the forum there are guaranteed to be some who can guide you. I myself am a beginner and unfortunately do not have much knowledge to give you in this regard. However, I was curious about what else is on the pallet you bought, in addition to the PGM/PM-enriched tube hihi.. Of course you don't need to tell me, I was just curious.
/Dennis
It was the best $110 I have ever spent in my life. It was made up of materials for classes supporting Raytheon assembling training. Filled with military grade pins, pin wire boards, 8086 gold legged IC chips, military grade male and female plugs, high end electronic measuring equipment, telecom grade boards.

It is the gift that keeps on giving.

I am trying to find a way to sell the wire as is since it isn't scrap and I don't like to ruin good things that can be used.

It was the best $110 I have ever spent in my life.
I definitely agree with you on that. Continue to keep a cool head and take your time, just like the impression you give. Recycle/refine or sell as is.. Regardless, you've made an apparently really (REALLY) nice deal for $110. Can only congratulate :)
/Dennis

Back