A Good Buyer/Refiner Experience

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pawnbroker Bob

I thought I would pass on a new and recent experience I had with a refiner/buyer.

First of all I should mention that I have been a pawnbroker for 25 years and have been dealing with scrap pm's and wholesale refiners/buyers my whole career.

Recently due to the large volume of scrap being purchased by my main refiner, they have been really slow in settlement. I had heard of another local refiner that paid on the spot. Huh? Yeah right. No way.

Well lo and behold this guy pays 98% for gold and I had my settlement in a little over an hour. I had a choice of cash or check. No assay or lot fees.

They let me watch the whole process from weighing, smelting and assay.

They have a website thebuyers.com and are in Whittier Calif. The owners name is Bob Caro. Minimum lot size is $2000 settlement. They work by appointment and you can watch the whole process if you like. The big plus for me is that he is only a 25 min drive from my shop.

Just to be fair so this doesn't look like a sales pitch I have also had very good experiences with ARA in Texas and North American Metals in Van Nuys, CA. I use diferent refiners depending on what type of scrap I have and if I need stone/diamond recovery or not.

The Buyers have a 24 hour turn around. and will accept lots by registered mail. If you contact any of the above you can mention that Bob from Bob's Trading Post sent you. They all know that I refer them business.

Pawnbroker Bob

Bob, do you mind giving me information to contact ARA, can't find it on google search? thnx

Back