Things which may be of interest to members

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm going to do an unconventional stunt this time.
I'll post a PDF document since it have pictures and text together and I felt it would behave better in a PDF.

Anyways I hope someone has some views and information regarding the content in the PDF.

Regards Per-Ove

Attachments

• Posting GRF.pdf
    937.1 KB · Views: 27
Hi I'm going to do an unconventional stunt this time.
I'll post a PDF document since it have pictures and text together and I felt it would behave better in a PDF.

Anyways I hope someone has some views and information regarding the content in the PDF.

Regards Per-Ove
Filter through a tight filter, or wash into a porcelain spoon dry, or extract most of the liquid with a small piece of tissue paper, then dry, anneal then scope it... then show me.... if it's gold it will be Crystalline.

The Ore owner has prepared a electrolytic cell with tin cathode as per recommendation from “Extraction of Gold Ore" 1905, Dickey

The funny thing is that when he adds approximate a ml leach to the spoon and then more or less the same with Stannous. Both crystal clear. This black precipitate collects in a point in the bottom. Deano has already said that Hypochlorite leach do not fare well with stannous due to high amount of oxidiser and salt.
But it still is a bit cool how the powder just emerges out of nothing.

Deano.
Thanks for a beautiful thread.

We have been trying the Hypochlorite leach, since we have no experience with it,
we don't know if there will be color change or anything like that when the leach pick up gold.
I don't even know a small thing like if it will evolve bubbles during leach.

We do suspect it has leached some, but the results are inconclusive.
Will stannous work, how about SMB, will that drop what is in the test leach?

Will Carbon or Resin be best for production leach?
We struggle and wonder if the salt may be the issue, we tried a electrolytic cell, but I guess the gold concentration may be too low.

Regards Per-Ove

Since we are new to this and the ore is somewhat refractory/Special we are doing a lot of trials.
This is what we have notice so far:
Stannous do not work as expected as per information. It gives a precipitate in stead of colloidal color change.
There are no color change.
Stannous tests show less return after long time 7 hours seem half of two hours.
All this is per information, so we will proceed to carbon column in circuit.
Is it best to let the leach finish and then pump it throuhgh, or constant pumping?

Regards Per-Ove
Hi Per, I didnt realise you posted images of the spoon tests, anyway, attached are images of the the spoon test particles (reduced/precipitated by the stannous) as seen through the microscope at 100x, DF, no filters. Sorry for the late posting. The cubic crystals are salt from the hypo leach. Testing is still on going as you know 😊.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-225851_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-225851_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220818-225841_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-225841_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220818-225812_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-225812_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back