Thank you GoldSilverPro

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very well explained Sam.
Unfortunately I am very partial to ferrous sulfate(copperas).I have never really had a problem with it.I can precipitate almost immediately after dissolving in A/C.And the powder almost always agglomerates very well.Plus there is absolutely no sulfer dioxide odor,as is with SMB.I am sure there is some sort of fuming with the H2C2O4.
Momma always said "If it ain't broke,don't fix it."Not to say I am opposed to a better,faster way.......but I am just very partial to ferrous sulfate.

mic said:
"If it ain't broke,don't fix it."

I remember my Sargent used to say that every time we tried to get too wise with our combat gear... lol brings up memories...

Here is the reaction of oxalic acid with Chloroauric acid:
HAuCl4 + H2C2O4 = Au + CO2 + HCl

Claudie said:
Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the season. I am in the mid-west and it's Morel mushroom season here and that sure resembles a Morel floating in that jar.... :shock:
I've found a small lot of Morel's only once in my life, about twelve years ago. Driving past a pasture near my place and saw them from the road. Wonderful mushroom! I drive that route any time I leave home and have never seen them again.

Harold

Tis the season for morels. Look under pine and birch trees, especially in any area that has been burned.

Back