Someone once said.....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice clear solution! I can even see that your copy was written by G. M. Hoke. :lol:

I corrected a lot of stuff like that in the versions in my signature line.

Dave

In that last photo, that exact blue color, totally void of yellow, at the top of the solution, always says that no gold remains in solution.

goldsilverpro said:
In that last photo, that exact blue color, totally void of yellow, at the top of the solution, always says that no gold remains in solution.

Thanks GSP, I didn't know that. And you are right, I tested the solution right after taking the picture and it tested negative.

UncleBenBen said:
Right on, Shark! Looking forward to seeing that nice shiny button (bar maybe?) :p :G

I am wishing I had a bar mold right now. Need to get it melted.

VERY nice Shark :!: :!: :!:

I am guessing that is the gold we were discussing you were going to be refining when we talked on the phone the other day

If so - looks like it went VERY well 8) :mrgreen:

Kurt

Wow :shock: The first picture looks like a glass of apple juice. Except that, apple juice isn't that clear.

That looks like an extremely clean drop, very nice work. :G

kurtak said:
VERY nice Shark :!: :!: :!:

I am guessing that is the gold we were discussing you were going to be refining when we talked on the phone the other day

If so - looks like it went VERY well 8) :mrgreen:

Kurt

Yes, that is it. Everything went as expected.
Thanks for the tip, I will be doing more that way from now on.

denim said:
So what was the original material?

About 40% was from once refined buttons that came from mixed electronic waste. The rest came from smaller lots of gold filled material. I have a batch of gold filled ready for AR now, but I am going to wait until I pick up tomorrows batch and see how it goes from there.

Here is the button, still having a hard time with getting a decent picture of it. Can someone explain the "hammered" shape and all the tiny cracks? I sure would have thought a pipe would appear first.

IMG_0665.JPG

Edit: Corrected spelling

Shark said:
Here is the button, still having a hard time with getting a decent picture of it.

Try taking the pic under different lighting conditions &/or from different angles --- I have "often" had to take "multiple" pics under different lighting &/or from different angles before getting an acceptable pic to post

Also different back grounds - though not always true a black back ground has more often the not worked best for me

Can someone explain the "hammered" shape and all the tiny cracks? I sure would have thought a pipe would appear first.

Did you do your melt in a clean dish/crucible ?

Did you let the melt solidify in the dish/crucible ?

Or was the melt poured to a mold ?

Try taking some more pics to see if you can get some better pics - its hard to tell anything under the current quality of the pic (due to above mentioned lighting conditions)

Kurt

Back