Silver buying

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devildog

Hello All,
I'd like to ask what a good selling price of 28.3 troy ounces of silver should expect to fetch?
Was sterling silver. It was dissolved in nitric/distilled water, then cemented out of solution using copper?
I do apologize if I have mis-spelled anything. I am one day in after having surgery on both eyes.
Thank you in advance for all education and replies to this. For you all I am grateful.
CHEERS!!

You will need an independent, accredited lab to do an assay on melted bars, not just the easy to adulterate powders. Then you can take to a jeweler, if they wish to purchase, or send to a refinery. You could also find somebody interested in a $500 Ag investment.

You will need an independent, accredited lab to do an assay on melted bars, not just the easy to adulterate powders. Then you can take to a jeweler, if they wish to purchase, or send to a refinery. You could also find somebody interested in a $500 Ag investment.
Spot shows it's value at almost 800 bucks? Why only 500 you say? Not trying to be rude or anything but am more so asking for educational purposes. I thank you kindly for the information and education!

Or you could follow sreetips lead and just stamp the bars with no assay as .999 and sell them at an asking price at or above spot. Seems to work pretty good for him.
True. But I just want to give a respectable product to who buys it. I believe fairness on both ends. I would not feel right punching a .999 on the bar and it turn out to be 990 or 980 etc.

Edited by moderator to add missing word.

Last edited by a moderator:
True. But I just want to give a respectable product to who buys it. I believe fairness on both ends. I would feel right punching a .999 on the bar and it turn out to be 990 or 980 etc.
Are you sure you did not mean this?
I would not feel right punching a .999 on the bar and it turn out to be 990 or 980 etc.

Spot shows it's value at almost 800 bucks? Why only 500 you say? Not trying to be rude or anything but am more so asking for educational purposes. I thank you kindly for the information and education!
You're correct, I diid a quick multi plication in my head, and came up with $500. It was late, and I was not thinking clearly, obviously.

You're correct, I diid a quick multi plication in my head, and came up with $500. It was late, and I was not thinking clearly, obviously.
Not a problem my friend. I understand those days and nights all too well. Hope you got rest and are back to feeling charged.
CHEERS!!

Back