Selling Platinum from Ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blueduck said:
I think you should get some raw material together and go visit Harold for a long weekend and show him your process and let him see what you claim and are doing.... it may prove profitable and very much taking the time to do so [yes i seen you said you are like most of us less than broke and in need of help, so the other option is just plugging along and taking extraordinary notes and posting the whole process for someone else to help you in case you missed an obvious step].

And it would not hurt to call action mining and talk to the head honcho there, he has been around a long time in the industry and might be able to help on the assay end of things as far as questions go.....

William
Central Idaho

Hi William,

Good stories. And all too familiar. I would go compare notes on this with you or Harold or any seriously interested person within a day's drive AFTER I get past my present money crunch. But for now I have already spent more time talking about this topic than I had intended to. There is no shortage of creek water to go after, for anyone who feels inspired to try this. For those who want the evidence brought to them I guess they will have to wait for someone else to do that.

I paid a visit to the Action Mining guy 7 or 8 years ago to talk about PGM's and I don't remember that he even knew much about them. But back then I didn't either. So it could be a different guy now, or, knowing the right questions to ask now, I might get the good advice you are suggesting. I will try to follow up on that when I get a chance. Thanks.

Daniel

There's a very good reason that PGM particles remain suspended in Water.

The Platinum Group Metals have a very high affinity for Hydrogen. This affinity causes the metal particles to interact with an bond to the Hydrogen atoms in Water. This reaction causes the Water molecules to surround the PGM articles and form a superparticle with an apparent low Specific Gravity that stays in suspension.

This is why trying to pan fine PGM's is a waste of time unless the PGMs are of sufficient size to negate the bonding phenomenon and is another reason why PGMs are often overlooked.

Greetings to the Forum, It has been awhile since Ive posted here, myself controlling a formerly patented mine here in Southern Nevada that possesses some of the most marvelous ore types one can hope for regards precious metal (and especially PGM values, of which the ores Ive tested in the past both hydrometallurgically as well as pyrometallurgically provides a strong platinum presence). Only problems Im having with operating that Im having are with the fact that all of these ores are polymetallic replacement deposits containing various amounts of other interfering metals such as lead, arsenic, bismuth, and mercury.

A solid scientific process has been difficult to acquire so Ive stagnated on my continuation with exploratory work on the mine...

One day not long ago I happened to by chance review the prices of noble metals and observed several of the pgm class metals like palladium and rhodium skyrocket since the last time Id done any exploratory work on the mine's ores.

I am currently part of a small team of 2nd generation mining interests that have grown up in the midst of the gold boom that happened in Manhattan, Nevada as their father was Anthony C. Selig... Who at one time owned 259 gold mines in the region such as the Dixie-Comstock mines in the Dixie Valley, the WhiteCaps mines in Manhattan, and the Manhattan Mill site.

Anyway, when I reviewed those metal prices I went kinda nuts... Rhodium was at the time $6000.00 an ounce. I was like "I have to locate some Rhodium! Anyone not exploring for Rhodium right now is crazy!..."

Needless to say this mentality caused me to excuse myself from the Manhattan Survey and do some research. What I discovered was that the location my stagnant mine is located at, outside of the Boss mine, suddenly was jumping off with new discoveries of PGM ores located on the tailings piles of several mines all around mine... One of which declared they discovered their polymetallics contained PGE alloys containing 4 separate PGMs (platinum, palladium, rhenium, and Rhodoium!)

I was like... Rodium !!... So guess who went back to paying attention to his mine?... I had renewed funding for some further exploratory testing... Yet upon calling my former xrf service he told me he had gone out of business. I got a major break however when I opted to contact several metals brokers, as one of them, who normally works as the middle man between pm scrap sellers and refinery, went an extra step for me out of the goodness of their heart and offered xrf testing FOR FREE...

😛 OH YEAH BABY!... time for action.

To make this already long story shorter yes. .. I ended up analyzing 12 separate ore types from my mine Id not had the opportunity of testing before.

Here are the results. Obviously at this point Im back and continuing to research the metallurgy of PGMs... As, yes... I found my Rhodium. It was right in front of my nose !!!
ore(1).jpg20191207_054237.jpg20191202_152034.jpgFB_IMG_1575672972701.jpg

As is noted... Um yeah. EUREKA!...

I have other xrf reads... Im keeping those close to the chest. Yeah, as if these two weren't good enough... Ive got reads that are tier 1, world class totals... Totals you would expect to find in South Africa lol. I have owned this mine for 7 years now... Where have I been?... Looking at the wrong ore body ... I guess.

This discovery actually is two untouched rock outcrops on the surface of the hill above my mine entrance... Which I determined to be fossil epithermal hot springs. The formations are both small, green rock, and barely discernable as such due to solar scoring turning them black... Yes, those were an analysis of oxidized surface ores. The values will increase the further down they go.

In the past, I had run into the same issue that Harold has regards the U.S. not being known as a platinum producer. My location possesses Sperrylites embedded within a huge kaolin deposit but too, the plumbojarosite ore body that runs adjacent to that kaolinite lense is rich in pgms as well as gold values. While seeking venture capital investment one metallurgist point blank told me that gold and platinum do not form together that it wasnt possible. I guess thats why hes a metallurgist and Im a geologist, because its a well known fact that nickel-iron-copper deposits usually contain gold and platinum values. This discovery however for me takes the cake.

I have to inform Harold that the U.S. actually is a known pgm producer with its Stillwater, Montana formation which rivals South Africa, as well as the Boss mine, which has been a known platinum/ palladium producer since 1915... And still is today. And now... There's me.

Im back, looking for more education from the experts like Harold, laser steve, Irons, heck... All you old timers here lol. You are great people doing great things. Im hoping you can truly assist me in understanding the processes surrounding pgm metallurgy and discover a cost effective method of working this ore.

While I understand that this analysis isnt a set in stone probative result... It does possess possibilities lol... I did the math, and matched it to current prices... Im off to the archives!... GSIG GREEN SURFACE ORE.jpg

I would settle down, as that XRF results is probably about as good as Charmin without knowing who the assayer is, what standards he used, what type of XRF it is, and about thirty other details that make it from "ooh my XRF just crapped out results that say I have millions of millions of dollars" to "oh, my XRF is FULL OF LIES"

Lou said:
I would settle down, as that XRF results is probably about as good as Charmin without knowing who the assayer is, what standards he used, what type of XRF it is, and about thirty other details that make it from "ooh my XRF just crapped out results that say I have millions of millions of dollars" to "oh, my XRF is FULL OF LIES"

What Lou said :!: :!: :!:

Two examples of an XRF telling LIES

When I went to England earlier this year & spent a week with Jon (& Deano, Nick, Pat, Goran) in Jon's lab - Goran brought a piece of Arsenic ore with him --- we tested the arsenic ore with Jon's XRF - the XRF did NOT see the arsenic "at all" - but instead saw the arsenic as Iridium (so instead of being 70% arsenic the XRF said it was 70% Iridium)

Then - years ago when I melted my first gold button I took it to a scrap yard to have it tested with their XRF to see how pure my first gold button was - the XRF said it was not gold at all but instead said it was tungsten

Bottom line - I would not trust those XRF reading "at all" --- the only way I would trust those XRF reading is to have a sample of that ore sent off to an assay lab - "that can test for those metals" - & tell them to "test for those metals" --- other wise you are likely to go chasing after (as Lou said) LIES

Kurt

Copy that gents! I have had similar issues with xrf reads in the past. I discovered that both the elements sulphur AND arsenic refract accurate reads on certain noble metals. Sulphur for example refracts PGE reads turning them instead into chromium and vanadium reads...while arsenic will refract reads of gold into tungsten. Being that these are surface ore reads there was very little to no sulphur in the rock... Therefore an abundant exposure of pgm... as well a breakdown regards the types of pge.. And as can clearly be seen there is a small amount of arsenic however it was not enough to refract a gold value.

Still... You gentlemen are right, an assay if the 4 surface area ores I had scanned need an assay by fire. Perhaps even electrolytic assays accompanying the fire assays. Ive still got my notes on the scientific processes deployed back when I was working the sulphuric ores from this mine, which provided high value results regards gold and pgm... 500 opt Au/ pgm on the auriferous plumbojarosite close to 300 opt Au/ pgm on the auriferous chalcopyrites.

I did not have an opportunity to part the Au/ pgm values because it was at that time the metallurgist I was working with started ripping me off... Over a half ton of ore. Im still reeling from that loss today... So much more could have been accomplished.

So as you can see, assays have been performed on ores located directly underneath the two ores I had tested recently, within the underground mine locations. Yes, considerably different ores to be sure as they were supergene polymetallic ores high in sulphur content which I had to roast first. All the same their assay results COMPARE with these XRF reads... With the grand exception that now I have the breakdown if pge types inclusive... Rhodium exposing itself as abundant and that being my target.

Exciting. =)

Ive reviewed several patents and have been attempting to discover Rhodium based results on these forums regards electrolytic process.

As a recap... Here are some of the original assay results showing the Au/ pge buttons I was dropping on 100 gram assay samples just to show that what Ive stated here isnt a bunch of hoopla...
FB_IMG_1576089212314.jpgFB_IMG_1576089224667.jpg

DarkspARCs - how can I be in touch with you? I have significant quantities of crushed iron ore concentrate that chemists have found platinum group metals in testing. I needs some help.

Back