Reduction of gold from a mixed solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola

Supporting Member
Želim prodati metalni prah ekstrahiran otopinom klora i FeSO4. Prah sadrži PGM, zlato i određenu količinu osnovnih metala koji se povlače zajedno s plemenitim metalima iz otopine klora. Prodajem kao privatna osoba, nemam registriranog posla.

Attachments

• PGM, Gold.jpg
    PGM, Gold.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
O cijeni se može pregovarati. Prah nije pročišćen. Znamo da prva ekstrakcija praha sadrži i nečistoće. Čak i po izgledu praha, poznavatelji mogu prepoznati što je u njemu. Paladij se nalazi u najvećem omjeru, a slijede platina i zlato. Ima olovne, bakrene i osnovne metale jer nije iznova pročišćena. Sadrži i neke bijele ostatke tijekom nastavka tretmana dušikom i klorom, ali još nisam siguran je li to krom ili rodij. Ne otapa se u dušiku, ostaje bijeli talog. Otopina na bazi klora topi sve, ali nakon vađenja svega navedenog, u ostatku otopine daje kristale nalik smeđe-crvenoj igli, što ukazuje na rodij. Ovo je prvo izvlačenje iz rude.

O cijeni se može pregovarati. Prah nije pročišćen. Znamo da prva ekstrakcija praha sadrži i nečistoće. Čak i po izgledu praha, poznavatelji mogu prepoznati što je u njemu. Paladij se nalazi u najvećem omjeru, a slijede platina i zlato. Ima olovne, bakrene i osnovne metale jer nije iznova pročišćena. Sadrži i neke bijele ostatke tijekom nastavka tretmana dušikom i klorom, ali još nisam siguran je li to krom ili rodij. Ne otapa se u dušiku, ostaje bijeli talog. Otopina na bazi klora topi sve, ali nakon vađenja svega navedenog, u ostatku otopine daje kristale nalik smeđe-crvenoj igli, što ukazuje na rodij. Ovo je prvo izvlačenje iz rude.
Post in English or you will not get much response

The posts from you Lola do not make much sense.
You skip any or all of the background. What is the origin/"starting material"
What has been done to it and so on.
Please list these steps and preferably with pictures and in English

Zašto automatski prevodi svaki tekst za mene na engleski?
I do not know, but it do not translate other languages to English in the posts.
So here your posts arrives in Polish.
Do you not read your posts after you have posted them?

I do not know, but it do not translate other languages to English in the posts.
So here your posts arrives in Polish.
Do you not read your posts after you have posted them?
I'm reading, but I don't know how to enter the text in English without it being translated immediately.I'll try to get rid of it. I think that the text remained exactly as I entered it.

The metal powder was extracted from the ore with chlorine at high temperatures and reduced with FeSO4. FeSO4 from chlorine water removes all PGM and gold as well as a certain amount of base metals. The powder is not purified. It contains palladium in the largest proportion, followed by platinum and gold. along with precious metals, it also takes part of lead, copper and other base metals. We can agree on the price.

The metal powder was extracted from the ore with chlorine at high temperatures and reduced with FeSO4. FeSO4 from chlorine water removes all PGM and gold as well as a certain amount of base metals. The powder is not purified. It contains palladium in the largest proportion, followed by platinum and gold. along with precious metals, it also takes part of lead, copper and other base metals. We can agree on the price.
Hmm I did not know there was ores in Poland containing PGMs.
Anyway Copperas (FeSO4) will not drop other than Gold of the Precious Metals, some traces may follow the Gold.
This is often used to separate Gold from PGMs.
What kind of tests have been done to verify the existence of PGMs in the powders??

If you want to sell it you need to state how much it is and I guess many will need to know the origin to be interested.

Hmm I did not know there was ores in Poland containing PGMs.
Anyway Copperas (FeSO4) will not drop other than Gold of the Precious Metals, some traces may follow the Gold.
This is often used to separate Gold from PGMs.
What kind of tests have been done to verify the existence of PGMs in the powders??

I've read that in many places, but maybe because it pulls the powder out of the chlorine solution, it also pulls the other metals. I got this after processing. It's not about Poland. Croatia.

Attachments

• Pt.jpg
    Pt.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3
  • Pd.jpg
    Pd.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1
I am not sure if these are rhodium crystals or some other metal. They are also found in that powder in smaller quantities.

Attachments

• Crystals 1.jpg
    Crystals 1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 2
I've read that in many places, but maybe because it pulls the powder out of the chlorine solution, it also pulls the other metals. I got this after processing. It's not about Poland. Croatia.
How is it processed and tested?

I suggest you read these links if you are going to stay on the forum.

1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Be aware salts of PGMs are extremely toxic.

I am not sure if these are rhodium crystals or some other metal. They are also found in that powder in smaller quantities.
This do not seem like crystals, it seem to be something manufactured.
Are you involved in the ore and its processing, or do you buy it?

Listen, this is not Twitter, we don't repost information without adding something new, comment or question.

Listen, this is not Twitter, we don't repost information without adding something new, comment or question.

I only buy the chemistry needed for processing. I have ores. If someone doesn't know how to recognize it, it's not my problem. Crystals appeared in the solution at the end of the processing of all the mentioned metals. I don't know what it is. I'm trying to figure it out.

How is it processed and tested?

I suggest you read these links if you are going to stay on the forum.

1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Be aware salts of PGMs are extremely toxic.
I used the process with ammonium chloride and yes, precisely because everything is too complicated, I would be happy to sell the powder that I get from the first extraction. The book by C.M. H. I translated and downloaded from the Internet.

I used the process with ammonium chloride and yes, precisely because everything is too complicated, I would be happy to sell the powder that I get from the first extraction. The book by C.M. H. I translated and downloaded from the Internet.
There is more to it than Ammonium Chloride, that is just the final step in order to partially separate it.

Back