New ram IC chips processing?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already started to drop the gold so the solution is greenish blue?

Oops, I accidently posted twice. Sorry!
One thing you need to do is to acquire some patience.
What point is it to give advice when you just have pressed ahead and made the advice pointless?

As Michele said if this is the colour, it is mostly base metals.
That leads to the question if ALL metals are dissolved, if not much of what Gold was in the solution is still in the leftover mud/mass.
Greenish blue says there are Copper and maybe Iron in there. Or still some Gold.
Pure Gold bearing solution should be Yellow to Orange depending on concentration.
The picture is before or after precipitating the Gold?

Edit to add:
How are you dropping the Gold?

What point is it to give advice when you just have pressed ahead and made the advice pointless?

That leads to the question if ALL metals are dissolved, if not much of what Gold was in the solution is still in the leftover mud/mass.
Greenish blue says there are Copper and maybe Iron in there. Or still some Gold.
Pure Gold bearing solution should be Yellow to Orange depending on concentration.

Edit to add:
How am I not patient? What exactly was I waiting for? I appreciate all advice but I didn't know I was waiting on it before going ahead with the process.
So yes there are base metals present. But according to stannous test there isn't any gold left in solution. I kept the material just in case I left some undissolved. Do you think there's more gold to be dissolved? I'll send a pic of the gold powder it dropped. And surprisingly it looks like a lot for it being only a small portion of the material. Which the bulk of it still needs a final incineration. But couldn't do it over the weekend because of windy weather and tons of other obstacles. But now that I know there is gold in there, and I can successfully drop it thanks to all of you guys and you're helpful advice. I feel more confident in doing these in the future I can't wait to see how much gold will the bulk of the material produce.
And how am I dropping it you asked? Will this time I use urea to denox the nitric. Only because I seen a video of someone dropping (oops, meant to say, denoxed) it with urea instead of sulfamic acid when it was the bleach and hydrochloric acid method. It seemed to work rather well but do you know if I can use sulfamic acid instead? But then I dropped it with SMB. I'll send pictures soon.

Last edited:
How am I not patient? What exactly was I waiting for? I appreciate all advice but I didn't know I was waiting on it before going ahead with the process.
So yes there are base metals present. But according to stannous test there isn't any gold left in solution. I kept the material just in case I left some undissolved. Do you think there's more gold to be dissolved? I'll send a pic of the gold powder it dropped. And surprisingly it looks like a lot for it being only a small portion of the material. Which the bulk of it still needs a final incineration. But couldn't do it over the weekend because of windy weather and tons of other obstacles. But now that I know there is gold in there, and I can successfully drop it thanks to all of you guys and you're helpful advice. I feel more confident in doing these in the future I can't wait to see how much gold will the bulk of the material produce.
And how am I dropping it you asked? Will this time I use urea to denox the nitric. Only because I seen a video of someone dropping it with urea instead of sulfamic acid when it was the bleach and hydrochloric acid method. It seemed to work rather well but do you know if I can use sulfamic acid instead? But then I dropped it with SMB. I'll send pictures soon.
Urea can’t be used to drop Gold.
Some use it when they have overdone the Nitric. In HCl-bleach or HCl-Peroxide settings it has no other effect then adding chemicals to your solution.
Sulfamic is also used when you have added too much Nitric, but the end result is not an explosive substance, but instead creates Sulfuric acid.

If there is additional base metals left in the “mud” there is also Gold. But you need to dissolve it to be able to test it with Stannous.

Urea can’t be used to drop Gold.
Some use it when they have overdone the Nitric. In HCl-bleach or HCl-Peroxide settings it has no other effect then adding chemicals to your solution.
Sulfamic is also used when you have added too much Nitric, but the end result is not an explosive substance, but instead creates Sulfuric acid.

If there is additional base metals left in the “mud” there is also Gold. But you need to dissolve it to be able to test it with Stannous.
I didn't mean to say I dropped the gold with urea. I denoxed the nitric (oops, not nitric!) with urea, but dropped the gold with SMB. And yes I saved the material after I dropped the gold, so I can can check it later for missed precious metals I may have not got in the first go round.
So what am I missing? Any tips on when I go to do the bulk of the ic chips? Can I use sulfamic acid to detox the acid or do I use something else since it was HCL and bleach. Which just made me come to the conclusion that maybe I didn't need to use the urea at all since it wasn't nitric acid that I was using. Is that what you meant?

Sulfamic acid is used as a "deNOXX"- ing agent...(decomposition of HNO3 and NOx ions)..for HCl and bleach you should wait a couple of days or warm up the solution over 40 Celsius degrees for 3-4 hours to decompose the excess of bleach ....man you did not research a lot ....

I didn't mean to say I dropped the gold with urea. I denoxed the nitric (oops, not nitric!) with urea, but dropped the gold with SMB. And yes I saved the material after I dropped the gold, so I can can check it later for missed precious metals I may have not got in the first go round.
So what am I missing? Any tips on when I go to do the bulk of the ic chips? Can I use sulfamic acid to detox the acid or do I use something else since it was HCL and bleach. Which just made me come to the conclusion that maybe I didn't need to use the urea at all since it wasn't nitric acid that I was using. Is that what you meant?
Urea or better Sulfamic is ONLY for Nitric and only if you use too much

Rreyes097,

The sulfamic is only needed to kill the nitric acid.

Dissolving gold in aqua regia (AR):
Put the gold into a beaker.
Cover the gold with hydrochloric acid.
Add small amounts of nitric acid (about 1 ml per gram of pure gold) and heat it to 70-80°C.
Don't premix the AR!
If the dissolution stops, add a little bit nitric acid. If this won't restart the dissolution, add more hydrochloric acid.
For the last crumbles, add nitric acid dropwise.

Ideally, there's no or just a little remainder of nitric acid after the gold is dissolved completely.

Add a splash of sulfuric acid (it will precipitate some minute amounts of lead).
Add some ice cubes and let it cool down.

Filter the solution.

This is the moment for the sulfamic acid:

Add a a little bit of sulfamic acid. It will fizz while killing the nitric acid. Add a little more until the fizzing stops. R.I.P nitric acid.

Now add SMB to precipitate the gold.

Thats it!

Addendum:

1. If there's free nitric acid in the gold bearing solution, it will form aqua regia and dissolve the gold again just after you precipitated it by SMB.

2. If your gold isn't pure yet, you will need more nitric acid than 1ml per gram. Silver consumes about 1.5 ml per gram, copper about 4 ml.

- - -

Try to avoid to overdose the nitric, it will save you nitric acid, sulfamic acid, SMB, time and waste.

If you didn't used AR or poor mans AR, you don't need sulfamic acid!

ALL STEPS HAVE TO BE DONE INSIDE A FUMEHOOD!

Sulfamic acid is used as a "deNOXX"- ing agent...(decomposition of HNO3 and NOx ions)..for HCl and bleach you should wait a couple of days or warm up the solution over 40 Celsius degrees for 3-4 hours to decompose the excess of bleach ....man you did not research a lot ....
deNOx only one x for the missing/plural number that may inhabit that space ;)

deNOx only one x for the missing/plural number that may inhabit that space ;)
inside the " " you can write anything, two X to reinforce the concept, if you read all the comment i wrote HNO3 and NOx , but if you want to precise you should write H_{3}O^{+ } + NO^{-}_{3}

I didn't? Well I haven't seen that. But thanks for the information.

Rreyes097,

The sulfamic is only needed to kill the nitric acid.

Dissolving gold in aqua regia (AR):
Put the gold into a beaker.
Cover the gold with hydrochloric acid.
Add small amounts of nitric acid (about 1 ml per gram of pure gold) and heat it to 70-80°C.
Don't premix the AR!
If the dissolution stops, add a little bit nitric acid. If this won't restart the dissolution, add more hydrochloric acid.
For the last crumbles, add nitric acid dropwise.

Ideally, there's no or just a little remainder of nitric acid after the gold is dissolved completely.

Add a splash of sulfuric acid (it will precipitate some minute amounts of lead).
Add some ice cubes and let it cool down.

Filter the solution.

This is the moment for the sulfamic acid:

Add a a little bit of sulfamic acid. It will fizz while killing the nitric acid. Add a little more until the fizzing stops. R.I.P nitric acid.

Now add SMB to precipitate the gold.

Thats it!

Addendum:

1. If there's free nitric acid in the gold bearing solution, it will form aqua regia and dissolve the gold again just after you precipitated it by SMB.

2. If your gold isn't pure yet, you will need more nitric acid than 1ml per gram. Silver consumes about 1.5 ml per gram, copper about 4 ml.

- - -

Try to avoid to overdose the nitric, it will save you nitric acid, sulfamic acid, SMB, time and waste.

If you didn't used AR or poor mans AR, you don't need sulfamic acid!

ALL STEPS HAVE TO BE DONE INSIDE A FUMEHOOD!
I used bleach and hydrochloric acid. And the rest of what you wrote I have already known about but thanks for the time you took to reply.

I did heat it. And I successfully dropped the gold. But I didn't know that you weren't supposed to use sulfamic or urea to neutralize or denoxxxx it.

Attachments

• 16666404832086118181294775340074.jpg
    16666404832086118181294775340074.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
I did heat it. And I successfully dropped the gold. But I didn't know that you weren't supposed to use sulfamic or urea to neutralize or denoxxxx it.
Good for you , finally you can enjoy your gold! Now, moreover, you know that there are no "NOXXXXX" molecules in HCl+ NaClO+ H20+ NaCl

Edit to add:
So when you said dilute more. Did you mean to use h20 or Hcl?

So when you said dilute more. Did you mean to use h20 or Hcl?
I'm confused, I said nothing about diluting in the reply you are quoting.

Anyway, for a Stannous test that do not matter much, but water is cheapest.
Please use correct terms for Chemical compounds, H2O and HCl, upper and lower case matter.
CO is Carbon monoxide and Co is Cobalt, and plenty more cases.

Back