Golden Moss

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acpeacemaker

Hey all, I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to take this out. Without breaking it into little bits. I tried a sheet of plastic, but it was a no go. I know if you cut the power etc. it can fall apart on its own. Is there a way like glue on the back of a puzzle. Sorry the picture is actually darker than what it is and no its not all gold.-just bits. Thank you, Andrew

Attachments

• 20110921204132.jpg
    20110921204132.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 321
Sorry, always nice to have good descriptions. This is a sulfuric cell that I had deplated quite a bit of gold. Then I've was playing (not literally) with cathodes. Copper on the anode and cathode. The gold flakes floating around on top joined the other and formed to the cathode in a mossy pattern. I was just wondering if there was a way I could keep it as a specimen without breaking it up.

you may try a spray on lacquer or maybe even hairspray might hold it together long enough to get a sheet of wax paper under it.

Back