Gold inside chips (black, flatpacks - not CPU)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the video Pat. And one day maybe I can make a bar.

I have been tinkering with my sluice and have tried something that some might find useful if they are making their own. Here is the last post I made on mine.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11827&start=660#p273334

The problem with it at that point was having material find it's way under the matting. Ash and some gold as well. I used duct tape to form some sides to the mat that didn't cause my mat to curl up in the trough. I cut a piece of duct tape the length of the mat. Use 1/3 the width of the tape to stick it to the bottom of the mat length ways. Folds the remaining 2/3 back over on itself to cover the remaining sticky side. Sounds complicated, but its not, other than duct tape sticking everywhere but where you need it, :lol:

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

Maybe it will help someone. It makes a big difference with the mat laying flat and with keeping your material on top of the mat.

patnor1011 said:
I used silicone, I did a sloppy job but it hold and no stuff go under the mat on sides.

How do wash it out? I roll mine up and rinse it whole into a bucket. I did have in mind of using mine for sluicing along the creek as well though.

My mat is fixed permanently so when washing material it needs to be perfectly flat and when removing whatever was caught in the riffles I lean the whole thing to one side a bit and wash with a spray bottle.

Easy enough. I would like to find the type gutter you used, but have not been able to find that particular design around here. I am always looking for other ways to do things. Thanks.

Smack said:
Been working on chips the last few days, trying to get everything that needs incinerated done before it gets real warm out.
Not going to go over everything I've done as it's all been covered here, I just might do things a little different. If someone (not new) really want's to know the steps I took, ask and I will lay it out for you. The SST bucket is 7 gallon and has 43 lbs. of power ready for panning. The chips are all mixed black IC type off memory, mobo's and so on, gold is gold. Some of the weights are on the post "Show Your Work Area" for individual chip type but I added quite a bit to those amounts. I will say this about the first picture; The chips are pre-cooked in my friends wood burner prior to incineration to get rid of most of the smoke.

How one can sort out the incinerated IC chips in such amazing way ?

Short video made from joining some clips I took with cell phone having fun refining some ceramic cpu's and cpu lids in my friends lab.
Enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIcZRCXGuk0&t=42s[/youtube]

ahmadbayoumi said:
Smack said:
Been working on chips the last few days, trying to get everything that needs incinerated done before it gets real warm out.
Not going to go over everything I've done as it's all been covered here, I just might do things a little different. If someone (not new) really want's to know the steps I took, ask and I will lay it out for you. The SST bucket is 7 gallon and has 43 lbs. of power ready for panning. The chips are all mixed black IC type off memory, mobo's and so on, gold is gold. Some of the weights are on the post "Show Your Work Area" for individual chip type but I added quite a bit to those amounts. I will say this about the first picture; The chips are pre-cooked in my friends wood burner prior to incineration to get rid of most of the smoke.

How one can sort out the incinerated IC chips in such amazing way ?

I just now saw this.
After running the material in the ball mill, I used a course and then a fine screen sifter then went to a 600 micron, then to a 200 micron, then I think I went to a 100 or a 75 micron screen to clean a lot of the die fragments out of the incinerated media. I then used a blue bowl in the wet process to wash away the ash, then went to acid treatment after drying. You have to treat the material quite a few times with A/R to get all the gold out because it will keep cementing out as the acid weakens. Unless you use a larger container that can hold more acid.

patnor1011 said:
Give me minute I will take quick picture of what I have laying on table, not every one of them do have gold bonding wires but even if only half do, that will add up.

I know this quote is 5 years old, but while I was reading through it, I couldn't find any yield data from the chips in that picture. (Page 11) They are the 3 leg with a hole through the top.

Edit - What would be the minimum temperature for pyrolyzing chips? After they are pyrolyzed, when you incinerate them, do they produce any smell or black smoke?

Hi
Thank you patnor for your eBook
-----------
I read this topic completely. I don't understand something even after some searching
I read this here and same in another topic

3. Gently mill the white chips in a mortar without breaking the silicone chips.
4. Sieve the powder to remove silicon chips and pins.

What are silicone chips and why remove them?
Don't they burn in incineration process? Don't they convert to ash?

Thanks

Grelko said:
patnor1011 said:
Give me minute I will take quick picture of what I have laying on table, not every one of them do have gold bonding wires but even if only half do, that will add up.

I know this quote is 5 years old, but while I was reading through it, I couldn't find any yield data from the chips in that picture. (Page 11) They are the 3 leg with a hole through the top.

Edit - What would be the minimum temperature for pyrolyzing chips? After they are pyrolyzed, when you incinerate them, do they produce any smell or black smoke?

Never processed them alone only with other stuff so no data. I do not pyrolyze as that is hard to achieve without specialized equipment. I incinerate and smoke go through coal bed so it gets burned too. Never had any issues with visible smoke or any smell.

saadat68 said:
Hi
-----------
I read this topic completely. I don't understand something even after some searching

Thanks

It is a silicone die, centerpiece where wires connect to. It does not burn or melt. It is like glass and it is kind of hard to break to powder unless running in some ball mill for a prolonged time. I simply make my job easier if I remove them. It is all down to personal preferences on how one wants to run IC there is not one strict rule. Everybody does have little bit different style also a different approach can be taken to different types or sizes of IC.

patnor1011 said:
saadat68 said:
Hi
-----------

Thanks

It is a silicone die, centerpiece where wires connect to. It does not burn or melt. It is like glass and it is kind of hard to break to powder unless running in some ball mill for a prolonged time. I simply make my job easier if I remove them. It is all down to personal preferences on how one wants to run IC there is not one strict rule. Everybody does have little bit different style also a different approach can be taken to different types or sizes of IC.

Hi
Excuse me sir, Are these silicon chips ?
http://uupload.ir/files/x3u9_untitled_-_2.jpg

Is there any PMs in there or just remove them and add to trash ?

Thanks

saadat68 said:
I don't know I'm learning now

Well you need to think about how many you are likely to get. If you're not getting large amounts then don't bother and move onto something else.

Back