Gold beans, an investment opportunity?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4metals

Staff member
Supporting Member
I was quite surprised to read an article about gold investors (small scale) in China buying these gold beans. Small shot weighing about 1/13th of an ounce and stamped as in the photo I copied off the net. Scary thought that I have never seen anything so easy to duplicate and pass off as real as these beans. Cast them out of copper and gold plate them. C48DF1A1-5622-4685-B569-6DB7FF07E996.jpeg
10945112-A998-4842-AC04-4FF8A7E7D9C7.jpeg
Just curious if any of our members has either seen these or invested in them?

New one on me, too. It sure would be a way to return to gold money in the event of economic disaster. And I could see some serious problem with faking them as well.

I was quite surprised to read an article about gold investors (small scale) in China buying these gold beans. Small shot weighing about 1/13th of an ounce and stamped as in the photo I copied off the net. Scary thought that I have never seen anything so easy to duplicate and pass off as real as these beans. Cast them out of copper and gold plate them. View attachment 62800
View attachment 62801
Just curious if any of our members has either seen these or invested in them?
What is the price for each one of those beans ?

The price was varied based on size, one site said 1/13th of an oz and one picture showed 1 gram. No mention of the price over spot per gram.

This site has prices for different sizes here. 143.92 per gram when I looked. todays price it should be $74.20. quite a mark up!

I guess there is a difference between the Au9999 Fine Pure Gold Nuggets Beans for 34.87 per 0.2gr, and the Au9999 Fine Pure Real Gold Nuggets Beans Block Granule at 33.96 dollar per 0.2 grams.
I mean; if the real gold is cheaper than the (not so real?) gold... then why buy unreal gold?

How does buying a product at twice it's market value make it an investment?
i know some say today's loss is tomorrow's profit, but preferably within your lifetime to enjoy, right?

and people actually but this?

I once played with a 0.8g coin and they look too damn big in my opinion, thing looked half that size or less.

Scammers use any and every trick they can come up with.
And then there are the "grey" market that are forced to be slightly less inventive.

At today’s spot price, that’s $171.97 per bean. Doesn’t make good sense to hold gold in this form if the intention is to use it as money. I mean it would have to be one hell of a happy meal for me to pay with one of these.

At today’s spot price, that’s $171.97 per bean. Doesn’t make good sense to hold gold in this form if the intention is to use it as money. I mean it would have to be one hell of a happy meal for me to pay with one of these.
That's the problem with gold as barter, it's only worth what someone will give you for it and if times are tough, you might not get too far with the change.

Back