• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale FS: 21g button

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

Obtained from CPUs. Precipitated 2x from clear liquor after parting by HNO3 both times. I was hoping to use it as my 'Harold Button', until a tax issue came up, and I'm having to sell it.

The pipe on the tails side shows a trace inclusion of borax/NaHCO3

Asking %80 of spot Kitco gold price for 21g as of 12 noon EST on day of sale with payment thru Zelle, Venmo, Cashapp. I will pay for insured USPS postage to the Lower 48 including signature shipping.

PS: admittedly, my scale is not high quality, but you can get an idea of its accuracy in the pic of 4 nickels, weighing in at just under 20g.

Pm me please.

11.jpg22.jpg1.jpg

Last edited:
Where are you located in the USA? This is clearly a transaction that needs to be handled in person, as multiple people have tried to facilitate this sale with you but have been unsuccessful.

Where are you located in the USA? This is clearly a transaction that needs to be handled in person, as multiple people have tried to facilitate this sale with you but have been unsuccessful.
Who said you failed? Stop nonsense! Many people take it and offered to sell it first and then give me money.
This includes you!
I DO NOT ACCEPT!

One person's payment also failed.

Don't judge without knowing!

I didn't judge.

My offer was to sell your gold at 98% and keep $100 then send you the rest of the money. You declined. That's fine.

It's also my reason for suggesting an in person cash transaction is because you have had this posted for five days and are by your own admission in need of the money. At 70%, you are at a rate near what many jewelers will buy at.

Asking %80 of spot Kitco gold price for 21g

TT Asking %75

TT Asking %70

If you are having trouble selling your gold here - & it really does not matter why (so lets not get into a discussion about that as that will likely only start a bunch of drama)

My question is - if you REALLY NEED money - why don't you just take it to a local "we buy gold" place ???

Some jewelers buy gold - most coin dealer buy gold - most pawn shops buy gold

In my experience most of those "we buy gold" places pay 80 - 85 % spot especially if there are several "we buy gold" shops in your area (due to the fact they are in competition to buy gold)

Granted there are some "we buy gold" places that pay less (70 - 75 %) but that is usually because there is little or no competition to buy gold in that area (only 1 or 2 buyers within 100 - 150 miles of them)

It is easy enough to find these gold buyers with a bit of internet search - type in - gold buyers in (my hometown &/or nearest big town)

Example; - I typed in - gold buyers in boise idaho & got results for 15 gold buyers in the Boise Idaho area

https://www.bing.com/search?q=gold+...NIBCTIxNjM3ajBqNKgCALACAA&FORM=ANAB01&PC=U531
Then all you have to do is call around & see what they are paying & then I ask them if they have an XRF

I ask if they have an XRF because when selling "refined gold" if they don't have an XRF & only do acid test they will likely only pay out for 22 karat gold

Again - if you REALLY NEED the money - find the gold buyer(s) "near you" --- you would already have the money in your pocket (likely the 70% or more you are asking)

And for what it is worth - there are VERY FEW buyers that will buy gold without seeing the gold FIRST

Kurt

At 70%, you are at a rate near what many jewelers will buy at.

I have never had a problem finding a "gold buyer" that will buy at 80 - 85% (granted some pay less)

Personally I send direct to an actual refiner (not "we buy gold") & so get 96 - 98% depending on lot size

Kurt

I cannot believe you selling gold at 70%, I thought this is unconcievable. I literally can't really believe it. Pawnshop will probably be faster than sending and waiting and should give you atleast 90% of spot. There's a lot of we buy golds here.

Last edited:
Back