filter paper size

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses

I just got a 4800ml buchner funnel and was wondering what size paper it would use or where to get a filter paper for that size and also what porosity of paper size for gold and pgm recovery? Thanks Moses

I just got a 4800ml buchner funnel and was wondering what size paper it would use or where to get a filter paper for that size and also what porosity of paper size for gold and pgm recovery? Thanks Moses
You need a filter size that fits the funnel, and the funnels are usually designated with mm not ml
The bigger the more expensive filters.
Common is 30, 70, 110 and 130mm amongst other.

My 110mm buchner funnel is only 600ml in capacity. I much prefer to not use more 500ml in it as it is more stable and I am less nervous about spills.

I stick a buchner funnel on my VP racing tanks and do a cup of material at a time. It's easily purchased on Amazon. My beef as well is We live in America, Why can't Amazon convert Units of Measure in their Listings. Why is he so proud of Chinese Units of Weights and Measures. Everything on Bozos website is in jin m, mm, backwards ym or kg. Laziest dirty billionaire that can't even convert measurements for us so we don't have to. I hate him.

I know what an inch and a quarter is, i don't care to know what 1,348 um is ! Yet i still purchase his things, I'll take 4 jins for 500 grams please

Last edited:
I stick a buchner funnel on my VP racing tanks and do a cup of material at a time. It's easily purchased on Amazon. My beef as well is We live in America, Why can't Amazon convert Units of Measure in their Listings. Why is he so proud of Chinese Units of Weights and Measures. Everything on Bozos website is in jin m, mm, backwards ym or kg. Laziest dirty billionaire that can't even convert measurements for us so we don't have to. I hate him.

I know what an inch and a quarter is, i don't care to know what 1,348 um is ! Yet i still purchase his things, I'll take 4 jins for 500 grams please
Because metric is the official standard for anything scientific, the only country not fully converted to metric is US, even UK has come longer than the US.

Back