Electronic boards from cellphone and computer

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offence to you, because we are all annonymous here, but

As I said I dont know who you are and what you know but I see statements that seems like marketing, don't answer member question and mislead the members.

Hmmm - not sure where to start here so will start with your "assumption" that we are all anonymous here

I see that you just joined this forum a few days ago which is why I say you are most certainly making an assumption that "we are all anonymous here"

The definition of anonymous - something or someone that is unknown, unidentifiable, unrevealed or lacks distinction, individuality or recognizability

Because I see that you just joined this forum so can at least understand why you would make such an assumption - but the fact is that even though most of us may have never met in person MANY of us have been involved in very deep & on going (almost daily if not daily - for years) discussions about the recovery & refining of PMs (Precious Metals) which has resulted in the building of very close personal relationships with very deep respect for one another & though we may live states, countries, oceans & or continent away from each other we have become a very close tight nit extended family that wake up EVERY DAY to spend some time in our day to talk to each other about our shared interest in the recovery & refining of PMs

And - for what it is worth - some of us (because of the above) have actually take the opportunity to make trips to actually meet in person -- I for one have personally met & spent time in the homes of "at least" a dozen of our members including flying from the U.S.A. to England wherein a group of 6 of us representing 6 different countries from around the world got together for a week to discuss recovery & refining of PMs --- & I have as well spoken to many more member on the phone as well as having done a fair amount of actual business with some of our members --- all things that are far from being anonymous but are in fact personal relationships

So - at this point - being a new member that has just joined a "few" days ago - you are the only one that is actually anonymous here - as we have no clue who you are &/or what you are really about &/or what you really know about the actual recovery/refining of PMs --- for all we know - you are just another backyard hack want to be refiner with an opinion

At this point & from what I can see in your posting - you have a very high opinion of yourself as some expert in this field exserting a low opinion of us as though we don't know what we are talking about &/or that we are the ones that are backyard hacks want to be refiners

Well - allow me to inform you who we really are --- We are exactly what the moto of this forum says we are

Refiners helping Refiners !!!

And by that - I mean actual refiners --- refiners that have been at this recovery & refining for MANY YEARS !!!

The actual refiners we have here range from - simple hobby refiners (but have been at this for so many years they actually KNOW what they are doing) to small refiners that make a fair but not great living at this - to mid size refiners that make enough money to employ a few people & operate at a fair profit - to larger refiners that run &/or own refineries that employ more then just a few people - to refiners that run &/or own LARGE world class refineries (meaning they run &/or have ownership in more then one refinery) & refiners that actually consult for &/or set up refineries round the world

So carrominc - I think it might be wise of you - as the only one that is actually anonymous here - to take some time to actually get to know who & what we actually are here - before you go spouting off with your assumptive opinion of who you think we are & in the process expressing yourself as the one with superior knowledge

I will be posting one more post to better inform you as to who & what I actually am - being as how you made it a point to personally question/confront me

Hopefully my next post will help you understand that we are not just a bunch of backyard hacks but that we are (actual) refiners helping refiners !!!

Kurt

Cyanide certainly comes into its own with gold plated parts. You don't need to dissolve up kilos of material to get a gramme of gold. You can strip plating quickly and efficiently if you use it properly with much less waste. It also has a whole heap of other uses once you're completely good with it. Yes it's a whole new set of chemistry to learn but handled correctly it's not as dangerous as is sometimes reported. Those (very valid) dangers arise from a lack of knowledge and poor handling. You see unlike acid chemistry where you might end up with a burn, the simplest way to view it is that if you get it wrong with cyanide there are no second chances. That's the point to keep in mind as you are using it and any experienced operator never forgets this.

I've used it for a decade now, having learned the ropes from Nick. I'm still extremely careful as I should be and I invested a lot of time learning the Chemistry behind it with a lot of help from a few very experienced members on here.

It is definitely worth the investment to learn to do it properly, and you'd need to find someone local who can educate you in a hands on basis. You can't learn it properly over the phone or via video.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Spaceships !!!
I'm going to start reading up about the cyanide process.
I don't consider myself a full-time refiner although I have anywhere from 2 to 6 refining projects going on at any given time.
I'm several years into refining, started reading on this forum several years before I officially joined.
One of my refines, I have several pounds of plated pins in A/P and yes it works well and is cheap but it takes to long to toll refine pins this way and nitric on larger batches gets expensive enough to take the profit.

Hmmm - not sure where to start here so will start with your "assumption" that we are all anonymous here

I see that you just joined this forum a few days ago which is why I say you are most certainly making an assumption that "we are all anonymous here"

The definition of anonymous - something or someone that is unknown, unidentifiable, unrevealed or lacks distinction, individuality or recognizability

Because I see that you just joined this forum so can at least understand why you would make such an assumption - but the fact is that even though most of us may have never met in person MANY of us have been involved in very deep & on going (almost daily if not daily - for years) discussions about the recovery & refining of PMs (Precious Metals) which has resulted in the building of very close personal relationships with very deep respect for one another & though we may live states, countries, oceans & or continent away from each other we have become a very close tight nit extended family that wake up EVERY DAY to spend some time in our day to talk to each other about our shared interest in the recovery & refining of PMs

And - for what it is worth - some of us (because of the above) have actually take the opportunity to make trips to actually meet in person -- I for one have personally met & spent time in the homes of "at least" a dozen of our members including flying from the U.S.A. to England wherein a group of 6 of us representing 6 different countries from around the world got together for a week to discuss recovery & refining of PMs --- & I have as well spoken to many more member on the phone as well as having done a fair amount of actual business with some of our members --- all things that are far from being anonymous but are in fact personal relationships

So - at this point - being a new member that has just joined a "few" days ago - you are the only one that is actually anonymous here - as we have no clue who you are &/or what you are really about &/or what you really know about the actual recovery/refining of PMs --- for all we know - you are just another backyard hack want to be refiner with an opinion

At this point & from what I can see in your posting - you have a very high opinion of yourself as some expert in this field exserting a low opinion of us as though we don't know what we are talking about &/or that we are the ones that are backyard hacks want to be refiners

Well - allow me to inform you who we really are --- We are exactly what the moto of this forum says we are

And by that - I mean actual refiners --- refiners that have been at this recovery & refining for MANY YEARS !!!

The actual refiners we have here range from - simple hobby refiners (but have been at this for so many years they actually KNOW what they are doing) to small refiners that make a fair but not great living at this - to mid size refiners that make enough money to employ a few people & operate at a fair profit - to larger refiners that run &/or own refineries that employ more then just a few people - to refiners that run &/or own LARGE world class refineries (meaning they run &/or have ownership in more then one refinery) & refiners that actually consult for &/or set up refineries round the world

So carrominc - I think it might be wise of you - as the only one that is actually anonymous here - to take some time to actually get to know who & what we actually are here - before you go spouting off with your assumptive opinion of who you think we are & in the process expressing yourself as the one with superior knowledge

I will be posting one more post to better inform you as to who & what I actually am - being as how you made it a point to personally question/confront me

Hopefully my next post will help you understand that we are not just a bunch of backyard hacks but that we are (actual) refiners helping refiners !!!

Kurt
Well said Kurt !!!!!!
I was thinking pretty much the same thing, it's funny when someone can write half a book in the same post and get nothing relevant or helpful said, only talk about themselves lol

Kurt
🤣
Kurt,
You still try to hear yourself talking. This forum is not about you or me, that supposedly have the knowledge and desire to help forum members that ask for it.
This is about honestly answering the question and not give the member a sales spech.
I dont care who you are, not because I think you have nothing to say, but because your comment and recommndation is disrespectful to the member that asked for information and for help expand his knowledge and push his understanding in an area of interest to him. Not listen to a sales spech that tells him he is wasting your time.
That you being in this forum for a long time, working in or owning a precious metals refinery and maybe was or still are helpful and supporting to others, doesn't give you the prerogative to insult the member asking a question by supressing his desire to learn from you, and should use wisely your experience and knowledge instead of stuffing it in the members face.
Now, as I said I don't know you, or at least I hope I don't, so this comment is not to insult your experience and inteligence or to project my expertise in the field.
The comment is that if you can help, then help sharing not imposing your picture in the eyes of a seaker of knowledge. Dont tell him what but how to think.
I am not here to challenge your position or expertise and not here to get your acceptance. I am genuinely surprised of individuals as you claim to be and may be, to forecefully tell other what to think and do, instead of helping them with info that ultimately help them progress in the direction they want. Your comment comes accross as a salesman not as a mentor.
Remember that you also fo not know anything about me.🤣
Have a good day.

🤣
Kurt,
You still try to hear yourself talking. This forum is not about you or me, that supposedly have the knowledge and desire to help forum members that ask for it.
This is about honestly answering the question and not give the member a sales spech.
I dont care who you are, not because I think you have nothing to say, but because your comment and recommndation is disrespectful to the member that asked for information and for help expand his knowledge and push his understanding in an area of interest to him. Not listen to a sales spech that tells him he is wasting your time.
That you being in this forum for a long time, working in or owning a precious metals refinery and maybe was or still are helpful and supporting to others, doesn't give you the prerogative to insult the member asking a question by supressing his desire to learn from you, and should use wisely your experience and knowledge instead of stuffing it in the members face.
Now, as I said I don't know you, or at least I hope I don't, so this comment is not to insult your experience and inteligence or to project my expertise in the field.
The comment is that if you can help, then help sharing not imposing your picture in the eyes of a seaker of knowledge. Dont tell him what but how to think.
I am not here to challenge your position or expertise and not here to get your acceptance. I am genuinely surprised of individuals as you claim to be and may be, to forecefully tell other what to think and do, instead of helping them with info that ultimately help them progress in the direction they want. Your comment comes accross as a salesman not as a mentor.
Remember that you also fo not know anything about me.🤣
Have a good day.
Another of your speeches now!
Telling someone they have made a mistake and asking them to study has nothing with sales speeches to do.

I have told why we often can not or do not reply directly to some questions.
It is much better to teach someone to fish than giving them a fish every time they ask for it.

That is why we ask people that have made mistakes to put their toys away and study.
If one at least read Hokes book one will have acquired some basic precious metal chemistry.
This will put you in a position where you know what to expect and to some extent understand why things go bad.

I can see that you do not have high regards for sales people,
but the strange thing is that it is you that appear as a sales person in your replies.

Regarding anonymity you are the wild card here,
many of us have enough posts in here to give at least some hints to who we are.

So please stop these lectures and start searching the forum for what you desire to know more about.

Kurt argument is in the retheric of the electronic scrap consolidators and smelter to why a chfmical process should fail and is more toxic or at least more pullutant than smelting not even talking about being less efficient. -> which is incorrect answer to the post and the answer is a statement not an explanation why the platnor will fail.
Clearly you did not actually read what I posted - at least not from a point of view to understanding what I posted

The OP was about a plan the OP has for leaching whole boards (after shredding then incineration then leaching) & he then posted the problem he ran into (the goo) in his (I assume) first attempt with that plan

So - in my reply - I explained exactly why attempting to leach whole CBs to recover the PMs is not & never will be a good & effective way to recover the PMs from CBs

1) you will ALWAYS have the goo (which I referred to as garbage) to deal with

2) once you leach (dissolve) the metals in that garbage with acids it is as a matter of fact impossible to get all those dissolved metals washed/filtered out of that garbage which means that though yes you recover values you WILL NOT recover all the values

3) just like you CAN NOT get all the values washed out of the garbage you also CAN NOT get all the acid washed out of the garbage - so - after doing a HCL leach (to get rid of tin, aluminum etc. etc.) & you move to nitric (to leach copper, silver etc. etc.) you will most certain suffer loses in silver recovery because the HCl tied up in the garbage will cause silver dissolved by the nitric to convert to silver chloride & that silver chloride is going to end in the garbage - NOT dissolve in the nitric as silver nitrate --- to clarify - if there is enough silver you "may" get some to dissolve as silver nitrate BUT you will MOST CERTAINLY suffer some silver lost as silver chloride that ends up in the rest of the garbage

4) trying to wash all the chem/dissolved metal (which you will NEVER get all of) out of that garbage WILL result in increasing your original leach solutions by at least 3X OR MORE - all of which is TOXIC waste - meaning you create LARGE amounts of TOXIC waste for the small amount of values you will recover from whole CBs

That TOXIC waste will very soon become the elephant in the room in the effort to recover small amounts of values from whole CBs - TOXIC waste that you still need to deal with to make safe for disposal

I further went on to inform the OP that for all the above reasons is why the idea of leaching whole CBs is not a good Idea --- which in turn - is the reason why the big boys do not process whole CBs by way of leaching but instead do it by way of smelting --- in other words - in no way was I suggesting that the OP go to smelting just that there is a good reason why the big boys don't do leaching (of whole boards)

So - my only real point (to the OP) was that leaching of whole CBs is not a good plan (& in fact a bad plan) there are other better ways to recover values from CBs - smelting is one option - which I (along with others) can teach him if he is interested --- another option is to cherry pick the things of higher value to process for better returns

And there are more options - that PAY for the values in CBs - that will better serve the OP - then trying to leach whole CBs

I have read your last post carrominc (posted after my last post) so I will not bore you with my personal experience(s) in doing this for a living as you clearly have NO interest in learning how I went from being a backyard hack making A LOT of (expensive) mistakes to making a "fair" living at it this for 10 years

Kurt

Another of your speeches now!
Telling someone they have made a mistake and asking them to study has nothing with sales speeches to do.

I have told why we often can not or do not reply directly to some questions.
It is much better to teach someone to fish than giving them a fish every time they ask for it.

That is why we ask people that have made mistakes to put their toys away and study.
If one at least read Hokes book one will have acquired some basic precious metal chemistry.
This will put you in a position where you know what to expect and to some extent understand why things go bad.

I can see that you do not have high regards for sales people,
but the strange thing is that it is you that appear as a sales person in your replies.

Regarding anonymity you are the wild card here,
many of us have enough posts in here to give at least some hints to who we are.

So please stop these lectures and start searching the forum for what you desire to know more about.
He has not made any mistakes. He experimented based on what he lerned about dissolving metals. He encounter a problem of organic chemistry and asked for help. Why and what he could have done to avoid it and if there are any other ways to tackle the subject. He did not asked anyone to tell him to not waste his time. He knows he can walk to the next door scrap yeard and sale it. The transaction is not of debate.
So what you told him?
Go to smelter only the big boys can do this ecologically and economically. Isn't that true?
What he is doing is not refining. At least not yet. He is looking for a method to extract the metals. This book is no help for him. You probably work for Aurubis🤭 and I dont have anything for sale to him. Do you want me to send you your Bulgarian facility paying spreadsheet?
Clearly you did not actually read what I posted - at least not from a point of view to understanding what I posted

The OP was about a plan the OP has for leaching whole boards (after shredding then incineration then leaching) & he then posted the problem he ran into (the goo) in his (I assume) first attempt with that plan

So - in my reply - I explained exactly why attempting to leach whole CBs to recover the PMs is not & never will be a good & effective way to recover the PMs from CBs

1) you will ALWAYS have the goo (which I referred to as garbage) to deal with

2) once you leach (dissolve) the metals in that garbage with acids it is as a matter of fact impossible to get all those dissolved metals washed/filtered out of that garbage which means that though yes you recover values you WILL NOT recover all the values

3) just like you CAN NOT get all the values washed out of the garbage you also CAN NOT get all the acid washed out of the garbage - so - after doing a HCL leach (to get rid of tin, aluminum etc. etc.) & you move to nitric (to leach copper, silver etc. etc.) you will most certain suffer loses in silver recovery because the HCl tied up in the garbage will cause silver dissolved by the nitric to convert to silver chloride & that silver chloride is going to end in the garbage - NOT dissolve in the nitric as silver nitrate --- to clarify - if there is enough silver you "may" get some to dissolve as silver nitrate BUT you will MOST CERTAINLY suffer some silver lost as silver chloride that ends up in the rest of the garbage

4) trying to wash all the chem/dissolved metal (which you will NEVER get all of) out of that garbage WILL result in increasing your original leach solutions by at least 3X OR MORE - all of which is TOXIC waste - meaning you create LARGE amounts of TOXIC waste for the small amount of values you will recover from whole CBs

That TOXIC waste will very soon become the elephant in the room in the effort to recover small amounts of values from whole CBs - TOXIC waste that you still need to deal with to make safe for disposal

I further went on to inform the OP that for all the above reasons is why the idea of leaching whole CBs is not a good Idea --- which in turn - is the reason why the big boys do not process whole CBs by way of leaching but instead do it by way of smelting --- in other words - in no way was I suggesting that the OP go to smelting just that there is a good reason why the big boys don't do leaching (of whole boards)

So - my only real point (to the OP) was that leaching of whole CBs is not a good plan (& in fact a bad plan) there are other better ways to recover values from CBs - smelting is one option - which I (along with others) can teach him if he is interested --- another option is to cherry pick the things of higher value to process for better returns

And there are more options - that PAY for the values in CBs - that will better serve the OP - then trying to leach whole CBs

I have read your last post carrominc (posted after my last post) so I will not bore you with my personal experience(s) in doing this for a living as you clearly have NO interest in learning how I went from being a backyard hack making A LOT of (expensive) mistakes to making a "fair" living at it this for 10 years

Kurt
😊
Now it is settled. As I said I am not contesting your experience and succees in the pm field, but I am concerned with the cast on iron statements about smelter and other potential processes to tackle electronic scrap and the conclusion transpiring from the statement, that his work has no results and he should follow the trend. As you noticed I stated that today smelters are the only industrial option to process electronic scrap and that however, it is not as economic and ecologic as the smelter states.
Are there better options on the public domain? No. Are not. Are there any on the private domain? Yes there are. Without selling, I dont see why a person should not be encourage to pursue his road. Just as smelting was once a hobby and small scale option everything start from one man swimming against the current because be has an idea and do not have the money to buy a furnace. The need and drive vs problem.
Have a good day.

Attachments

• 17083589611882122585165968209949.jpg
    17083589611882122585165968209949.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

I am not trying to "sell" the OP (or anyone else for that matter) anything - I have no vested interest in this as I am not asking nor expecting anything in return

I am simple providing information based on my years of experience doing this for a living & what the reader of what I post takes away from what I post is entirely up to them --- in other words - they can ether take what I post under consideration (& further the discussion with more question) or they can choose to blow me off

As I said - I have no vested interest - I have already made a living & have retired from doing this

My only purpose in posting here is to help pass on the knowledge taught to me by those that came before me as well as pass on my own years of experience & do so in the hope that it will help others that are just starting out & help them not make common mistakes when starting out - I do this with no expectation of anything in return as my way of paying back the members that helped make me successful - which they also did for free

I see that you have chose to blow me off - so this will be my LAST reply to you for it is clearly evident that you have not come here seeking information &/or knowledge about recovery & refining of PMs but rather that you have come here to find someone to confront & argue with

For such as you (meaning you & others like you) I have no time & your time is now used up

Considering I am not the only one you have confronted/insulted in your manner of introducing yourself I wish you the best of luck in now entering into any meaningful discussion with any of the real members of this forum

Your attitude may serve you well in other places but I can assure you it will not serve you well here

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in finding "someplace" where people will listen to you BS attitude - I have real doubts that it will be here

Kurt

I am not trying to "sell" the OP (or anyone else for that matter) anything - I have no vested interest in this as I am not asking nor expecting anything in return

I am simple providing information based on my years of experience doing this for a living & what the reader of what I post takes away from what I post is entirely up to them --- in other words - they can ether take what I post under consideration (& further the discussion with more question) or they can choose to blow me off

As I said - I have no vested interest - I have already made a living & have retired from doing this

My only purpose in posting here is to help pass on the knowledge taught to me by those that came before me as well as pass on my own years of experience & do so in the hope that it will help others that are just starting out & help them not make common mistakes when starting out - I do this with no expectation of anything in return as my way of paying back the members that helped make me successful - which they also did for free

I see that you have chose to blow me off - so this will be my LAST reply to you for it is clearly evident that you have not come here seeking information &/or knowledge about recovery & refining of PMs but rather that you have come here to find someone to confront & argue with

For such as you (meaning you & others like you) I have no time & your time is now used up

Considering I am not the only one you have confronted/insulted in your manner of introducing yourself I wish you the best of luck in now entering into any meaningful discussion with any of the real members of this forum

Your attitude may serve you well in other places but I can assure you it will not serve you well here

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in finding "someplace" where people will listen to you BS attitude - I have real doubts that it will be here

Kurt
Mr.Kurt,
Good bye.

He has not made any mistakes. He experimented based on what he lerned about dissolving metals. He encounter a problem of organic chemistry and asked for help. Why and what he could have done to avoid it and if there are any other ways to tackle the subject. He did not asked anyone to tell him to not waste his time. He knows he can walk to the next door scrap yeard and sale it. The transaction is not of debate.
So what you told him?
Go to smelter only the big boys can do this ecologically and economically. Isn't that true?
What he is doing is not refining. At least not yet. He is looking for a method to extract the metals. This book is no help for him. You probably work for Aurubis🤭 and I dont have anything for sale to him. Do you want me to send you your Bulgarian facility paying spreadsheet?

😊
Now it is settled. As I said I am not contesting your experience and succees in the pm field, but I am concerned with the cast on iron statements about smelter and other potential processes to tackle electronic scrap and the conclusion transpiring from the statement, that his work has no results and he should follow the trend. As you noticed I stated that today smelters are the only industrial option to process electronic scrap and that however, it is not as economic and ecologic as the smelter states.
Are there better options on the public domain? No. Are not. Are there any on the private domain? Yes there are. Without selling, I dont see why a person should not be encourage to pursue his road. Just as smelting was once a hobby and small scale option everything start from one man swimming against the current because be has an idea and do not have the money to buy a furnace. The need and drive vs problem.
Have a good day.
You are plain wrong, I have not tried to convince him to go smelt anything,
I just informed him the PCBs are not well suited for wet chemistry.
You clearly need to go back to the beginning and see what I wrote, I know I was a bit harsh,
I always are with newbies which has not done their homework, they need a shake to wake up.

I'm puzzled though you seem to know the intent and doings of the OP quite intimately
even as you say we are all anonymous in here :oops:

Chemistry can be fun but it do its own thing and have no feeling or agenda,
it just do what it does based of the laws of nature.
That mean as well to make explosives, toxic gases, other unpleasant compounds
but also beautiful colors or expensive precipitates if you do things correct.

And if you bother to check I'm not even on the same continent as you.

Hokes book is recommended not because it has anything with E-waste to do,
but because it gives you an easy introduction to the chemistry of Precious metals.

Now I'm going to give you a very hard challenge, drop your attitude and behave or your stay will be short.

Lately my friends and customers gave me a lot of phones, computer and other electronics, took them apart and removed as much iron and base metals as possible and wanted to speed up the process i started processing big quantities of boards (5kg) of mixed boards but i ended up with a goo and stuck, not knowing what to do next, luckily i recover everything by cementing and got rid of junk and kill the acids and dispose them
angel0o

First I want to apologize to you for your thread going off the rails & being hi jacked by carrominc

His posts & the consequent replies are & were a total distraction to the plan/questions of your OP

My first reply to your OP was just the "beginning" of a discussion that certainly has the potential to be a very informative thread

In my first post to you my only intent was to let you know that leaching of whole CBs is not the best of options as well as providing at least "some" info as to why it is not the best of options

That is not the same as to say that it is not an option at all - just that it is not the best of options

As well - there are other options & those kinds of options should be considered as well in further discussion

Concerning leaching (in general) - as a method to recover the values found in/on circuit boards - it is an option BUT there is A LOT more to it then the plan that you first proposed

Therefore - hopefully we can get your plan/questions back on track & get you headed back down a path to better success

So - please - do feel free to ask more questions as we do have plenty of good & rational thinkers on this forum that are more then glad to help you out --- including me

The more info you can provide concerning the material you are intending to process as well as better descriptions of your intended process as well as questions about both the material & process you may have the better we can help you through it all

So - looking forward to hearing more about what you hope/want to accomplish

Kurt

Mr. Yaggdrasil, this is private and directed only to you because you indicated have a job/function etc as a moderator of this particular subject or discussion group.
Whoever try to botch OP request for help with answers on his work and experiments should be kind and supporting not dictatorial. The purpose and meaning of your opinion is the subject not who you are.
It does not matter if any of the members are scientists sales men or business owners. It only matter what they do for and to the individuals that trust you to not patronize them and help them understand what they doing.
I browse those forums from time to time to see what new, and for no particular reason OP request draw my interest to see what answer his problem received.
I signed in for only the reason that whoever told OP to go spining to a smelter was not only talking stupid but was mean to OP.

Oh No - I think I have just been banned from the world of internet trolls - :eek: :cry:

Maybe if I go hide under a bridge I can earn my way back :oops::oops:;);):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Mr. Kurt
As far as I am concened you can go and beat the meat and pat yourself in the back. Say something meaningful to OP not bla bla bla bragging about your sales skils.

Mr. Yaggdrasil, this is private and directed only to you because you indicated have a job/function etc as a moderator of this particular subject or discussion group.
Whoever try to botch OP request for help with answers on his work and experiments should be kind and supporting not dictatorial. The purpose and meaning of your opinion is the subject not who you are.
It does not matter if any of the members are scientists sales men or business owners. It only matter what they do for and to the individuals that trust you to not patronize them and help them understand what they doing.
I browse those forums from time to time to see what new, and for no particular reason OP request draw my interest to see what answer his problem received.
I signed in for only the reason that whoever told OP to go spining to a smelter was not only talking stupid but was mean to OP.
Sorry for the late response.
I have been away on a night shift.

No one here is trying to botch the OPs request for help, he will get the help he need,
maybe not the help he or you want him to have but the help he need so he do not injure himself or others.
The only one botching up here is you, diverting the focus from the topic at hand.

So I told you, drop the attitude many notches and start reading the replies so you see the responses actually given
not the ones you think are given.

This kind of activity is far to dangerous to pamper bruised egos. We are not a knitting forum.
Better shook up and alive than dead or injured.

The comments in bold in the quote indicate you really don't understand the replies to the OP

It only matter what they do for and to the individuals that trust you to not patronize them and help them understand what they doing.
Nobody patronized the OP, he had done something stupid, (we all do from time to time) so we told him to put his things away and start studying. His studies will teach him what he has done and what he should have done.
Nobody told him to go to a smelter, we told him these products are best processed in smelting. And after that as he were studying we would have coached him into the different paths he could have taken with his material.

So Mr. Corraminc I return a favor, why should I even take you seriously when you can't even get my avatar name correct?

Sorry for the late response.
I have been away on a night shift.

No one here is trying to botch the OPs request for help, he will get the help he need,
maybe not the help he or you want him to have but the help he need so he do not injure himself or others.
The only one botching up here is you, diverting the focus from the topic at hand.

So I told you, drop the attitude many notches and start reading the replies so you see the responses actually given
not the ones you think are given.

This kind of activity is far to dangerous to pamper bruised egos. We are not a knitting forum.
Better shook up and alive than dead or injured.

The comments in bold in the quote indicate you really don't understand the replies to the OP

So Mr. Corraminc I return a favor, why should I even take you seriously when you can't even get my avatar name correct?
What a duffus🤣
Take in yourself. Let others be.

This is ridiculous. Right first reply to the OP (mine) told him that his approach was wrong and what he should do (what I would do with this material). Exactly what was later on suggested by one poster only that it was preceded and followed with so much of word salad and complaints.
Talking too much and picking at unimportant details is often counterproductive.

Chemistry will kill you, wheter you are kind and supportive or dictatorial, it does not matter.

What you clearly don`t see is when newbies come to the forum after watching a youtube video, bought some household chemicals and they think they will recover gold in the kitchen and earn the big bucks.

Yes, sometimes you need to be harsch in order to protect the OP from doing something stupid before learning or reading about it. We live in a fast forward world, and everyone expects results right away. It does not work like that.

You are plain wrong
when you are assuming that "...It does not matter if any of the members are scientists sales men or business owners...." It has anything to do and has the most inpact in this business to be around people from different expertise, so they can guide you not to make loss for yourself, prepare for a safe work invironment, how to build up a business on your own knowledge. It matters the most, if you want to be successful. You can only get smarter by being around smarter people.

And when someone tell you "....it is not worth doing something..." it is not mean or stupid , it`s a safe advice to either, stop and rethink your strategy and gather more material so your recovery is economical (and supposedly you can learn something valuable), or think about other options.

Learning something new is fun and elevating, but geopardizing your health, or even die because of being unreasonable is plain stupid.

Pete

Back