Does anyone know what this is?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Husband burns metals ."

Okay do you have any more than three words to explain what exactly your husband does ?
Why do you think that it is a precious metal ?

I'm not sure of your location....

Most scrapyards and some pawn shops have an XRF gun, they may test it for you. The resaults arn't perfect, but it'll get you some answers.
I have a platinum acid kit. Most of the material passes the test. I went to multiple jewelers for the XRF gun. The gun showed percentages of Rhodium, Platinum, Iridium, Ruthenium, Gold, Silver, ect...
I'm aware the XRF isn't accurate that's why I purchased the platinum acid kit. Unfortunately, our furnace doesn't get hot enough to melt certain metals. 🫠
What I need is a Chemist or Metallurgist. I live in south FL... Palm Beach county. I need someone that knows how to separate each metal and bring it to metal form through the chemical process. I see you guys are very proficient. Can someone assist? I will compensate for their time.

"Husband burns metals ."

Okay do you have any more than three words to explain what exactly your husband does ?
My husband's father who has passed away had many precious metals and we bought a furnace but it's not hot enough to bring it to metal form we are idiots and we mixed much the powder when we heated it. but it tests positive for PGMS mostly.passes the platinum acid test as well most of it.somerimes some copper comes out solid and purple.I have a few pounds and can't bring it to metal.i come close

I'm not sure of your location....

Most scrapyards and some pawn shops have an XRF gun, they may test it for you. The resaults arn't perfect, but it'll get you some answers.
Had it tested by many XRF guns about 20 different times always PGMS come up,would love to have it in metal form through a chemical process,I am a insurance agent and my husband is in the fine art and antique business.we haven't much knowledge in the refining business.we take care of my husband's uncle in palm Beach county and would love the help of someone who is well known on here and trustworthy.All our friends have been telling us to reach out on a platform like this

"Husband burns metals ."

Just wondering, what does my post have anything to do with what my husbands profession is? He is in the antique/ art business. So, we're clueless and just reaching out for help. 🤷 We see the metals forming...but our furnace only reaches a certain temp.
I've taken samples to multiple jewelers that tested it with a an XRF which showed percentages of precious metals. Also, the platinum acid kit tested positive as well.

It looks like a burnt chocolate chip cookie! Have no idea what that is....
Husband's father who passed did the whole aqua regia thing,very smart man,was mixing iron and platinum,rhodium ect before the world renowned chemists were making super alloys.He died having possessed a lot of powder mostly pgms

Husband's father who passed did the whole aqua regia thing,very smart man,was mixing iron and platinum,rhodium ect before the world renowned chemists were making super alloys.He died having possessed a lot of powder mostly pgms
This was mostly explained in other threads.judt need a chemist to work their magic..I know what it is....if nobody wants to get paid I will find someone eventually on a site

Back