What should I buy to make a profit on gold?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of us started refining after having materials to work with. As for buying online and looking to make a profit it is highly unlikely. There will be hundreds if not thousands of competitors doing the same thing. Best bet, start looking locally for material. Some foot work may well find some local material that no one else, especially online, has found yet.

Unless you are very lucky or know of good sources of material to purchase below spot even breaking even with the initial costs are unlikely.
Most members try to find e scrap preferably for free and then cherry pick the material to refine and finding material is the hard part .
If you think this is a way to get rich quick I would find another way as the time you will spend searching for scrap ,breaking down material, sorting ,recovering the values and then refining them would be better spent working at a burger joint.
For most this is a hobby which will give them a small return at some point for all the money , effort and time spent .

I agree with the users above. Most people here do refining as a hobby (sometimes with a small profit). If you want to make money on it, maybe check online sources like the money metals exchange site. They offer a wide range of gold products and resources for those interested in refining and investing in precious metals. Hope it helps.

Back