Supporting membership-free speech included?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As to Free Speech. This forum has rules to keep it on topic, and the mods to a fantastic job of keeping it on topic, but still friendly and fun in the appropriate areas.

There are terms and rules and the link is shown at the bottom of the page.

One thing I always remember, Free speech allows you to say anything, as long as you are prepared to take the consequences of saying it.

Supporting Members still have all the forum rules apply. There are a few perks for becoming a Supporting Member, but getting away with what you want that may be against forum rules, is not one of them.

I could comment on your posts but what’s the point
It is known with 99.999 confidence that COVID kills 1.5% to 3% of a population each time it makes an uncontrolled pass through a country due to COVID-19 SARS. It's also known 99.999% confident to cause all of the secondary deaths I mentioned before. YOu can see videos of victims being intubated in YouTube like what I've seen live in person. You can also see HCWs cleaning the yards of thick ropy mucus out of the tubes. I see the type of person who denied this is likely the same who refuse to get fire or hydrological assays, who ask us all to visually confirm PGM content of ores from photos They disbelieve the science.

Sorry wrong forum and please shut up as it has nothing to do with recovery or refining of precious metals.
I could formulate many reasons to disagree but as I stated earlier here is not the place.
No more warnings for anyone this stops now .

I have donated a couple of times, but only a annual subscription with credit card (wich i dont have) will get you a membership status. Until that time im still getting blasted with ads.

I appreciate everybody here for sharing their knowledge, a few people in particular. It would be sad if the forum ended for a lack of funding. I did not know the forum had 'owners'. But still they provide a service and im happy to use it.

Regarding Covid, be free and healthy. I assumed the type of people here were free thinkers but whatever side you are on, remember you are appreciated.

MvK,
You can turn off the adds in your user settings, when you do make sure that you scroll down and select save changes or the adds will not stop.

The following paragraph was taken from the Forum rules.

“We expect readers to be on their best behavior, thus avoiding confrontations that take energy away from the topics at hand, and to avoid losing good and valuable members. This includes not posting about religion, politics, explosives, potentially illegal activities, or other subjects that could divide members of the forum. They simply create unnecessary and unwanted distractions away from the purpose of this forum - the recovery and refining of precious metals. Understand that accessing the forum is a privilege, not a right, and can be terminated for failure to adhere to board policy.”

In short, most topics that may cause a rift between members, therefore detracting from the purpose of the forum, are forbidden.

Time for more coffee.
No talk about explosives....oh man I joined the wrong forum!! Bahahaha

Since I'm the one who sent you that warning, I'll respond, although several others have already addressed the salient points.

One of my jobs as a moderator is to enforce the rules the moderating team has established to try to keep this forum running smoothly. When I do so, I do not pay any attention to whether a member is a supporting member or not. So, no, being a supporting membership does not give anyone the right to violate forum rules.

As to your "joke" about the pandemic. I find it one of the saddest developments of our time that our nation's response to a pandemic that has killed millions of people worldwide became a politically divisive subject. That division fell along political party lines, and one of the triggers was the wearing of masks. There were those who felt the pandemic was not real. They rebelled against wearing masks, and ridiculed those who did by referring to them as face diapers. So, when you referred to "N95 scamdemic face diapers", I took that as a political reference that could incite one of those divisive arguments among our members, so I deleted it and sent you a warning not to repeat such references. I would do the same whether you were a supporting member or not.

What you refer to as censoring free speech, I see as enforcing forum rules intended to keep our discussions on the topic of refining precious metals. The fact that you say you "have been repeatedly banned from far more popular platforms for refusing to speak as others prefer me to speak" indicates that many other forums agree. There is a saying that "the one common element in all your past, failed relationships, is you". If you have repeatedly been banned from other groups for the things you say, perhaps you should reconsider the things you say. It is one thing to exercise your right to free speech. It is another to intentionally offend others because you consider it your right to do so.

Everyone in the U.S. has the right to free speech, but there are restrictions. No one is allowed to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater if there is not a fire because it could induce panic that could cause injury. Our rules are intended to keep the forum running smoothly and on topic. I will continue to enforce those rules equally whether someone is a supporting member or not.

Dave
Well you just did what you censored me for,

Edited by a moderator:
I deleted this content to avoid further non refining discussions here.
Please adhere to the forum rules in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not turn this into a debate about covid. We're here to discuss refining of precious metals. My only reason for including the quote from the OP (which I deleted) was to provide context about what was edited.

Back to refining, please.

Dave
and at the end of it all, I'm intelligent enough to understand and agree with this approach, christ just look out the damn window today, everyone arguing and so divided. PEACE, and thanks for the effort and time to help me understand

Being prior military, I've taken the oath many, many times and there's no expiration to that oath. So you and I probably share a lot of views (probably no all). The Constitution was written to protect our rites from Federal, State and/or Local governments.....It doesn't necessary apply to private interactions.

There has been amendments made to the Constitution over the decades when it comes to privately owned entities. Mostly dealing with discrimination issues that protects color, race, creed, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender and religion...etc....and rightfully so.

I've been here since 2014 and I doubt every many people know what my political views/faith are.

*edited for word choice.
Thank you very much for all you have done!

the new owners had other forums. One of those forums was a homesteading forum.
Is it possible to get the URL for the homesteading website? ... i'd like to check it out ... i much rather prefer highly focused niche websites as opposed to the big social media generalist websites like facebook that try to cover everything.

Back