Recommended assay houses

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoman701

The old adage of cheap, fast, good...pick two.

I'd like recommendations for cheap and good assay house for a simple four metal assay from sampled burnt electronic scrap, turnaround 2-6 weeks, as well as a fast and good assay house for the same, but in the 1-2 week turnaround timeframe.

I'd actually be interested in assay houses that can also provide a good (wavelength dispersive) XRF analysis of my pin, (four metal + base metals) sample as well.

I do recognize that the likelyhood of any assay house providing good service to a guy that sends only a few samples a quarter is likely low.

I would recommend Guardian but they are in the UK but they are reliable , fairly quick and not overly expensive but you would need to ship the samples .

Sno I haven’t used them in years but I’d guess under $100 if you need the contact details to speak to them directly let me know .

Depending on sample size and distance to assay lab, the freight will vary widely. Please state location you live in. Western US, Eastern US, Alaska, Belgian Congo, where? Then we can make the best recommendations.

Either ALS Labs in Reno, Nevada, Hazen Research in Golden, Colo., And 1 other in Az., Can't remember name of it. Google assay labs US. there may be others closer, but live in the west and have used all 3. They are professional.

Back