Palladium remove

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diego Henrique vilela

Olá, boa noite, alguém poderia indicar um agente despoluente eficiente para paládio. Tenho fios de cobre banhados a paládio, preciso retirar o paládio sem destruir o fio de cobre.

Olá, boa noite, alguém poderia indicar um agente despoluente eficiente para paládio. Tenho fios de cobre banhados a paládio, preciso retirar o paládio sem destruir o fio de cobre.
Welcome to us.
And this site is international and the language is English.
So if you want answers please use English.

Remove Palladium
Hello, good evening, could anyone indicate an efficient depolluting agent for palladium. I have palladium-plated copper wires, I need to remove the palladium without destroying the copper wire.
I’m not aware of any method that can do that.
Do you need to use the Copper wire for something?

Remove Palladium
Hello, good evening, could anyone indicate an efficient depolluting agent for palladium. I have palladium-plated copper wires, I need to remove the palladium without destroying the copper wire.
If the plating is not too thick and you do not need the Copper wire.
Maybe hot dilute Sulphuric acid may remove the Copper without dissolving the Pd.

Remove Palladium
In stead of replying to my question, you reported me??
That is what you do if someone breaks the rules.

So I assume you did intend to reply.
And Nitric will dissolve both Palladium and Copper.
How much wire do you have?
You can dissolve all and then cement it back on Copper bus bars or similar.

sorry for my bad english. I went to the wrong place. I have 2 tons of these wires. every 1 kilo has 1 gram of palladium... therefore 2 kilos of Palladium. it's a lot of copper material to be attacked ... I need to develop a deplacing method. understand my situation?

sorry for my bad english. I went to the wrong place. I have 2 tons of these wires. every 1 kilo has 1 gram of palladium... therefore 2 kilos of Palladium. it's a lot of copper material to be attacked ... I need to develop a deplacing method. understand my situation?
Nitric is not a way of doing it as the Nitric will dissolve the Palladium as well.
Just wait and see if someone chimes in with a different method.
Where do the wires come from?

You suggested cementing with copper because it would only precipitate the palladium. correct ?

Edit by moderator to remove double quote

Last edited by a moderator:
You suggested cementing with copper because it would only precipitate the palladium. correct ?
Yes, and when there is only Copper and Palladium in solution it will not bring any other "contaminants" into the mix.
But this means to dissolve all the wire completely.

A copper cell may be viable. I know very little about palladium so the sulfuric based electrolyte may or may not be a problem depending on where the palladium is left. Maybe in the slimes and maybe in the electrolyte. Just a thought on my part.

A copper cell may be viable. I know very little about palladium so the sulfuric based electrolyte may or may not be a problem depending on where the palladium is left. Maybe in the slimes and maybe in the electrolyte. Just a thought on my part.
Interesting.
There is 99% Copper so that may be a simple solution.
He needs to melt it to homogenous electrodes then.

According to Wikipedia it is soluble in hot concentrated Sulfuric, which should make safe,
with the "weak" cold Sulfuric in a copper cell.

According to Wikipedia it is soluble in hot concentrated Sulfuric, which should make safe,
Thanks for all the suggestions I'm enjoying the forum

Edit by moderator to move text out of quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the wrong place. I have 2 tons of these wires. every 1 kilo has 1 gram of palladium... therefore 2 kilos of Palladium. it's a lot of copper material to be attacked

What is the diameter of the wire?

Others may chime in on this...... could he just coil up a few feet at a time and run it in a straight forward sulfuric cell?

I've only processed gold plating in a sulfuric cell, I've never had anything plated in Pd to try.

Olá, você tem grandes quantidades deste fio? refinamos e compramos paládio e todos os PGMs

Back