Osmium Tetraoxide

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, if nothing else it's been quite interesting to work with so far.
IMG_20210604_204057~3.jpg

This is a mixed concentrate being deposited by a bacterial gel in another experiment. The metals get seperated individually into grains except for the formation of an alloy that is basically Osmiridium.
Just the ability to increase grain size to create a recoverable concentrate could be useful in processing tailings of ores that contain Micro or smaller PM's
What I have learned through this is that it is quite possible that nearly any mine has its own unique bacterial strains that can be used by that mine without having to buy existing patented strains.
Those micro organisms on location are already highly adapted to the conditions of that site.

Just my thoughts..

Cheers Wal

Thanks, if nothing else it's been quite interesting to work with so far.
View attachment 46346

This is a mixed concentrate being deposited by a bacterial gel in another experiment. The metals get seperated individually into grains except for the formation of an alloy that is basically Osmiridium.
Just the ability to increase grain size to create a recoverable concentrate could be useful in processing tailings of ores that contain Micro or smaller PM's
What I have learned through this is that it is quite possible that nearly any mine has its own unique bacterial strains that can be used by that mine without having to buy existing patented strains.
Those micro organisms on location are already highly adapted to the conditions of that site.

Just my thoughts..

Cheers Wal
This is extremely interesting thread, I never thought microbes could do something like this, and at the speeds you described wow.

I know that breakthroughs like this take time to develop, but if I may ask could you share with us more of your progress please?

Back