Nickel Electrowinning

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Safiye

Hi Guys,

I tried nickel electrolysis in pool and got like that nickel, is it normal? Can i take it as metallic nickel foil?

Attachments

• nickel (2).jpeg
    nickel (2).jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • nickel (1).jpeg
    nickel (1).jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi Guys,

I tried nickel electrolysis in pool and got like that nickel, is it normal? Can i take it as metallic nickel foil?
This is a forum for precious metals, so you are a bit off topic.
But anyway there is no way anyone can answer that.
You have practically not given us any information, just a couple of pictures.

nickel prices are increasing everyday due to demand on lithium battery manufacturing.
i can read forum name as "Gold Refining & Metal Extraction Forum".
Nickel is a metal. And i asked something about its extracting.

Every information improves.

Your replies to all my comments in such a prejudiced and unwelcomed way is thought-provoking about the forum.
I think your mission and vision as a moderator is to make a lot of comments to the members who are trying to be active, to be dissident and remove them from the forum and to talk about the same issues only with the same people in the forum.

nickel prices are increasing everyday due to demand on lithium battery manufacturing.
i can read forum name as "Gold Refining & Metal Extraction Forum".
Nickel is a metal. And i asked something about its extracting.

Every information improves.

Your replies to all my comments in such a prejudiced and unwelcomed way is thought-provoking about the forum.
I think your mission and vision as a moderator is to make a lot of comments to the members who are trying to be active, to be dissident and remove them from the forum and to talk about the same issues only with the same people in the forum.
Well it have been and will be a forum for Precious metals.
We have from time to time discussed other metals and even none metals.
Tin, Indium, Magnesium, Sodium, Lithium and more has been lifted up now and then.

There are no malice intended, just plain exhaustion.

Answer this for me please:
What was the unwelcoming part?

And next, to mirror your question:
I have a green salt, what is it?

And you missed my point completely.
How are we going to answer a question that lack all basic information.
What was your starting material and how did you prepare it.
What did you do to the starting material to get to the product you have in your hand now.
Step by step.

Then we are maybe getting a bit closer to giving you an answer.

Edit for spelling.

Last edited:
This is a forum for precious metals, so you are a bit off topic
This statement was unwelcoming, and you do the very same with any of my posts.

Very negative attitude.

Per your request, I've edited this post to add an image with Harold_V's famous quote.

Screenshot from 2022-10-13 04-15-21.png

Last edited:

Very negative attitude.

Per your request, I've edited this post to add an image with Harold_V's famous quote.

View attachment 52617
Interesting approach.
So stating an obvious fact is unwelcoming?
Entitlement don’t fly well in here, and quoting Harold will do you no good.

Harold would have showed you the door very quick after your arrival with this kind of attitude.
He had no patience with people not doing their own research or asking unfounded or even unclear questions.

Edited for spelling.

Very negative attitude.

View attachment 52617
If I do it to any of your post, it will be because it is needed for some reason.

This is not a club for patting each other’s backs, chanting how good we are. If one or more of the seasoned members tell you are doing good, it is because you are, not to boost your confidence.

If it is a persistent thing, you might need to look in the mirror and see if you need to change your approach.

Yggdrasil's replies have been polite, to the point and helpful, it's a shame you don't see it that way. Don't take it personal.

To help you we need a bit more info.
Most request for help lack critical information so we ask for it.

This reply however is quite prejudice and flat out wrong.

Try again. And stay on subject. Answer some questions.
Someone might have the answer.

There is a forum about electroplating, you could ask there.

Good luck.

Interesting approach.
So stating an obvious fact is unwelcoming?
Entitlement don’t fly well in here, and quoting Harold will do you no good.

Harold would have showed you the door very quick after your arrival with this kind of attitude.
He had no patience with people not doing their own research or asking unfounded or even unclear questions.

Edited for spelling.

Your wrong Harold was not a predator in wait for his next victim, he would let the thread take a natural course and would only inter-vein when it became disrespectful.

You tend to be more than a moderator, you want to leader of the pack.

I advocated strongly with Noxx to create the Electrochemistry forum, the OP as far as I can see posted in the correct forum.

Nickle is an interesting metal, we could have done a bit of outside research for the OP then all of that information would have been collectively saved on the gold refining forum.

Electrochemistry is a very broad discipline.

Your wrong Harold was not a predator in wait for his next victim, he would let the thread take a natural course and would only inter-vein when it became disrespectful.

You tend to be more than a moderator, you want to leader of the pack.

I advocated strongly with Noxx to create the Electrochemistry forum, the OP as far as I can see posted in the correct forum.

Nickle is an interesting metal, we could have done a bit of outside research for the OP then all of that information would have been collectively saved on the gold refining forum.

Electrochemistry is a very broad discipline.
Read my post again.
And then comment what was wrong and what was unwelcoming.
If Harold got you on his bad side, you were out, pronto, no warning no excuse.

I'm in a fowl mood, but I can tell you that the other day when I first read your post, I found it a bit combative. I attributed it to a language translation.

With that said, had the OP given details, electrowinning of nickel could potentially be quite valueable information. Nickel is particularly frustrating for the small refiner. In an electrolytic copper cell, it accumulates in concentration, and will eventually fowl your electrolyte. Given it's current value, it is worth more than the copper which is also being recovered.

Feedstocks vary, and what you consider "off topic" is very much on topic for other refiners. The ability to profit from the base metals very well can make the difference between profit and loss.

I'm in a fowl mood, but I can tell you that the other day when I first read your post, I found it a bit combative. I attributed it to a language translation.

With that said, had the OP given details, electrowinning of nickel could potentially be quite valueable information. Nickel is particularly frustrating for the small refiner. In an electrolytic copper cell, it accumulates in concentration, and will eventually fowl your electrolyte. Given it's current value, it is worth more than the copper which is also being recovered.

Feedstocks vary, and what you consider "off topic" is very much on topic for other refiners. The ability to profit from the base metals very well can make the difference between profit and loss.
Well it was not intended to be combative.
I still can't see how it can be perceived that way.
As far as I see it was purely factual.
And you are right, in that Nickel may be an interesting metal to reclaim, but it still is outside the realms of this forum, at least for the time being.
Where do we draw the line on what will be in the ordinary sphere of this forum?

No lines needed. Your comment, as i read it, was to say: 'you may not be very succesfull here or get the best advice, because most members here (likely) have no experience in this field.

But you never know what other crafts ly hidden in our community. So ask away i would say.

No lines needed. Your comment, as i read it, was to say: 'you may not be very succesfull here or get the best advice, because most members here (likely) have no experience in this field.

But you never know what other crafts ly hidden in our community. So ask away i would say.
Catylitic converters on foils, if you win the nickle the washcoat will release as mud.

If I do it to any of your post, it will be because it is needed for some reason.

This is not a club for patting each other’s backs, chanting how good we are. If one or more of the seasoned members tell you are doing good, it is because you are, not to boost your confidence.

If it is a persistent thing, you might need to look in the mirror and see if you need to change your approach.
Harold would always confer with other moderators in private before making a decision, your a one man show.

Edit to add, also your public reprimands injected into a thread are misplaced, use the PM system to air your concerns.

Mods from yesteryear, if a topic was in the wrong forum they would reloctate it to the appropriate forum.

Last edited:
Well then you have experience another Harold than me. He kicked out anyone on his own whim.

Can you please enlighten me to who I have reprimanded in public?
Throw in the phrase as well, since it seems I’m a little dull.

No more time now, something to be done.

Back