NEED HELP!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC Willi

Okay guys I have a big problem! I removed all the gold I've saved up over the just few years.
While in aqua regia solution I transferred it to a bigger jar and not thinking it through I put it back into the hot plate. About a liter of solution. I just finished de-noxing the nitric and was about to precipitate with SMB when my jar broke from the temperature change.
🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
This was outside on a small work table. I soaked up a small amount of solution with paper towels. The majority went onto the ground. I scooped up all the dirt and grass that obviously had solution on it/in it.
And yes I know I know, use lab grade breaker and a catch plate.... But what happened happened. Anything I can do, at all? Or do I just take the loss? Rough estimate because I'm not sure but I'm thinking upwards of 3.5 grams in the solution.
Please help!!!

Okay guys I have a big problem! I removed all the gold I've saved up over the just few years.
While in aqua regia solution I transferred it to a bigger jar and not thinking it through I put it back into the hot plate. About a liter of solution. I just finished de-noxing the nitric and was about to precipitate with SMB when my jar broke from the temperature change.
🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
This was outside on a small work table. I soaked up a small amount of solution with paper towels. The majority went onto the ground. I scooped up all the dirt and grass that obviously had solution on it/in it.
And yes I know I know, use lab grade breaker and a catch plate.... But what happened happened. Anything I can do, at all? Or do I just take the loss? Rough estimate because I'm not sure but I'm thinking upwards of 3.5 grams in the solution.
Please help!!!
Not much more I'm afraid.
If it has not rained you can try to scrape up more, but it will have trickled down until it stopped, which depending on the local situation may be deep.

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
Please help!!!
Start spreading SMB all over the place. Seriously, only way I could think of doing it, would be to dig up soils, down a couple inches, depending on soil type, put on a 6 mil sheet of plastic, like on a piece of ply wood, incline with a slope to a catch basin. Effectively make a small leach pad. Then perc water through it into a catchment. You now have recovered at least a good portion of it. For 3.5 grams, I probably wouldn't waste my time. However, the thrill of the chase may make me want to at least try.You may end up with a bunch of carbonates, or other leachates to deal with.

Back