I have a few tons of unprocessed PGM Metals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iabi

I have a few tons of unprocessed PGM Metals (charcoal) I had analysis done on it and wanted to know if there was companies in europe buying those as i am knew to this and do not know how to do the whole process.

I have a few tons of unprocessed PGM Metals (charcoal) I had analysis done on it and wanted to know if there was companies in europe buying those as i am knew to this and do not know how to do the whole process.
Welcome to us.

You need to study some first.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/

Why do you think this charcoal has values in it?

To answer your question, yes there are refiners who may be interested. But every refiner has material that they are set up to handle most efficiently. To know who you should try you have to do some homework. You need to provide results of fire assays and quantities of material you want processed. Armed with these results you can seek out the deal that works for you. Refiners are routinely asked about processing material that the sender has no idea what is in it. There are 2 ways that can work. First and most often your request will be denied. Second, the refiner will realize you are clueless and ask for a sample to analyze for you. If your material is valuable, knowing you are clueless, the refiner will rob your shorts and you won’t even know it!

Black (carbonaceous) shales of any origins are classified as double-refractory(!) ores. It is a very expensive material for PGM-refining. Most of the existing processes like chlorination or cyanidation are not suitable. You have to use thiosulfate-ammonia leaching and this is only the option in practice (excluding direct smelting with metal collectors).

Back