• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GRAPHITE CRUCIBLES BONE ASH CUPELS

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I sifted out a portion of quick Crete cement mix and formed a dry layer ona round bowl object to see if it would work for cupelling. But I started with a piece of silver that was a purple color. Not sure what was in it to make it so but some of the powder I sifted from the quick Crete clumped onto the silver. I removed it from the homemade dish to a regular graphite mold and melted the whole clump of silver and cement mix that was on it. I sprinkled a bit of borax onto it and it actually turned the right silver color.View attachment 61351View attachment 61352
You need to study more on the Cupelling.
What kind of furnace/kiln do you use?

So I sifted out a portion of quick Crete cement mix and formed a dry layer ona round bowl object to see if it would work for cupelling. But I started with a piece of silver that was a purple color. Not sure what was in it to make it so but some of the powder I sifted from the quick Crete clumped onto the silver. I removed it from the homemade dish to a regular graphite mold and melted the whole clump of silver and cement mix that was on it. I sprinkled a bit of borax onto it and it actually turned the right silver color.View attachment 61351View attachment 61352
And as Shark say, stay away from the ready to go mixes, you need to go pure.

Back