Deep Blue Liquid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Swartz

I have a deep blue colored acid after processing some of my ore what is the blueness is that remnants of the copper? And why is it giving me instant blackness on a stannis chloride test please help you guys

I have a deep blue colored acid after processing some of my ore what is the blueness is that remnants of the copper? And why is it giving me instant blackness on a stannis chloride test please help you guys
Have you had an assay yet?

No sir .... I can give you a corporate report on the ore and the history of the mine
If it is the exact same vein that was mined in the old days, that assay may or may not be representative.
Was there Cadmium, Mercury, Arsenic or other toxic elements in there?

If it is the exact same vein that was mined in the old days, that assay may or may not be representative.
Was there Cadmium, Mercury, Arsenic or other toxic elements in there?
No sir there was none of the Mercury or cyanide but I mean after all it's rocks there was in one specific area arsenopyrite but the stuff I processed came from different mine

Drasil brother I got to go but I'm going to do the aqua regia with or without your directions and help I would appreciate any and all directions you can give me very much but with or without your help I'm doing this brother and I'll be as safe as I possibly can but it has to be done so either you guys can help me or not and if everything works out good and I get a good issue I always remember those that have been there for me later

Drasil brother I got to go but I'm going to do the aqua regia with or without your directions and help I would appreciate any and all directions you can give me very much but with or without your help I'm doing this brother and I'll be as safe as I possibly can but it has to be done so either you guys can help me or not and if everything works out good and I get a good issue I always remember those that have been there for me later
There are no special directions, but it do not work well and it is expensive.
What are your plans for the acidic waste?
I'd appreciate it if you start giving more attention to the names of people and chemicals.
Especially the chemical names and elements.

Ygg drasil I have weighed out 600 g of my flash floating concentrates I'm going to soak it in nitric acid until the reaction stops is that correct then after cleaning it as well as possible I would take that substance dry it and then submit that to the one to three ratio which is agua regia is that correct
Ygg drasil the phone number that I gave you you can text me on that too if you would rather not do a phone call but if you're willing to do a phone call please let me know when you're able or available to do that and I'll make sure I answer the phone but at least text me there if it doesn't cost you anything as our communication would be more private and a lot faster

Ygg drasil well it's been in the nitric acid almost 24 hours sir the liquid inside the beaker is brown and ugly but stanis chloride instantly turns black I haven't filtered it or cleaned it yet what do you think where do I go from here?

Ygg drasil well it's been in the nitric acid almost 24 hours sir the liquid inside the beaker is brown and ugly but stanis chloride instantly turns black I haven't filtered it or cleaned it yet what do you think where do I go from here?
Send it off for an assay, or ICP, so you know what you have exactly. Then you can start processing it properly. What are "flash floating concentrates "? At least a little description of the mineralogy of the area would help.

Send it off for an assay, or ICP, so you know what you have exactly. Then you can start processing it properly. What are "flash floating concentrates "? At least a little description of the mineralogy of the area would help.
You know I've been asking for help on this for like 3 or 4 days if not longer and the only person willing to help me is somebody on them tire other side of the world why do you keep worrying about the damn procedure and just tell me how to process it so I can do it safely without having to experiment to get it accomplished? I have a sulfide based or heavy on the silver produced gold produced delirium produce palladium Platinum it was a metamorphic porphery intrusion sulfide based oar

The war that I have came from the Ortiz mining Grant the first operating gold mine in the entire country they also produced 450,000 oz of tellurium there as I said the ore is heavy on the silver they produced gold half ounce per ton it also contains palladium and platinum those are all the main ones whoever is interested I would like someone to direct me to how to prepare the aqua regia what is the percentage of liquid to material how much is needed how many times do I need to clean and filter it if somebody would just give me the basic rundowns man I can do all this safely

You know I've been asking for help on this for like 3 or 4 days if not longer and the only person willing to help me is somebody on them tire other side of the world why do you keep worrying about the damn procedure and just tell me how to process it so I can do it safely without having to experiment to get it accomplished? I have a sulfide based or heavy on the silver produced gold produced delirium produce palladium Platinum it was a metamorphic porphery intrusion sulfide based oar
We are trying to help, but there is a lot more info that YOU need to learn. Watch a bunch of Sreetips videos on Youtube, to see how he micro doses his elemental alloys. This is applicable to alloys only, not raw ores. Raw ores require a lot more work. There is no set formulas for using the acids. This is where the art of metallurgy comes into play. You need knowledge to do it correctly. This is something you will not learn over night, or in a couple of simple sentences. Mount Baker Mining on Youtube has a lot of videos on smelting. Not really a technical guy, but will at least show you the processes. Hopefully after watching some of these videos, you will understand the futility of what you are trying to do with acids. I can not explain this to you simply. It is very involved. If you just want a simple AR formula use 4 parts HCL to 1 part Nitric. But again, DO NOT USE THIS ON RAW ORES! Do I need to repeat myself?

The war that I have came from the Ortiz mining Grant the first operating gold mine in the entire country they also produced 450,000 oz of tellurium there as I said the ore is heavy on the silver they produced gold half ounce per ton it also contains palladium and platinum those are all the main ones whoever is interested I would like someone to direct me to how to prepare the aqua regia what is the percentage of liquid to material how much is needed how many times do I need to clean and filter it if somebody would just give me the basic rundowns man I can do all this safely
Please don`t take it the wrong way, but i sense that you are in a hurry. Why? These procedures, what you want to use involve dangerous chemicals, please do not take this lightly.
As others have already said, without an assay you are just shooting in the dark and creating dangerous chemical compounds by mixing acids and other stuff.
- Please make an assay of your material.
- Determine what metal composition you have in the mix.
- Use proper process to remove each metal (silver, gold,lead, and other metals) in the safest way possible and without creating a huge amount of chemichal waste.

We are here to help but, dropping misterious composition materials in acids and expecting a resonable result is not what we encourage.

Be safe

Pete

I hope all of you who responded to my thread will read this I appreciate all the information offered and extreme concern for safety I'm not an idiot and I understand the seriousness of working with chemicals I used to clean and sanitize places with hydrochloric acid and other serious chemicals and I've taken training on the use of acids for cleaning purposes in the appropriate manner so I have a general idea of the danger and I'm aware of how to nullify the acids and dispose of them I've studied the history of the mine I've studied the history of the extractions of the specific minerals and chemicals from the mine etc I understand what all of you are saying thank you for your concern s........ I also understand that the effective use inappropriate use of the chemical processes a lot of that knowledge comes from experience and experimentation and from what I have seen on YouTube and some of the other channels is that a lot of these guys are still figuring out more effective and thorough ways to extract gold and silver and you're right study is the key and learning comes from practice....... And no I'm not necessarily in a rush but I am a poor man and I've made investment in my activity and I would like to recover in the least that small amount of money which I know I have I can see that from the nitric leaching bath that I submitted my concentrates to and I did it 100% appropriately thanks to AI I'm now at the stage of where I am going to clean and filter the leached concentrates and then I will be making an attempt to cement the silver from the filtered acid that I extract from the nitric bath if anybody would like to help me with that it would be fantastic we could do it together on a video call if anyone has time or interest......

Back