• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale ~15lbs of gold plated pins.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, I have a bunch of pins I'd like to sell on here. I can provide pictures of items and it's weight once we establish contact, because I'll have to take them somewhere to be weighed amd o figure it would be easy to get the complete weight before I ship. Total price won't be settled until I can give you the exact weight. I'd like to get around $125 per pound, but it's negotiable. I've also broken most of the pins down and removed metal springs that aren't gold plated. I also have buttons of the pins that I had melted down.

Attachments

• 17114764628084859724739843603493.jpg
    17114764628084859724739843603493.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Hello everyone, I have a bunch of pins I'd like to sell on here. I can provide pictures of items and it's weight once we establish contact, because I'll have to take them somewhere to be weighed amd o figure it would be easy to get the complete weight before I ship. Total price won't be settled until I can give you the exact weight. I'd like to get around $125 per pound, but it's negotiable. I've also broken most of the pins down and removed metal springs that aren't gold plated. I also have buttons of the pins that I had melted down.
That sounds like a pretty steep price

It's very negotiable. I saw in 2015 1 pound was selling for $100, I'd be fine with that. I really need to get rid of it though because I'm in a bind and I do t have the equipment to refine it myself.
Boardsort is paying $5.00 Lb USD

In all fairness, the pins in the picture would be purchased for more than $5 per pound at boardsort.com. I would not be able to give an accurate price until the pins are in our hands.

The $5/lb rate applies to the typical pin collection that we see which is usually a blend of low yield ribbon cable clips and other partially plated pins. The quality and yield on the average consumer pin collection tends to run lean. It seems anything that glistens is a gold pin to some. Clearly not the case here.

For us, these are not $100 pins but perhaps to another buyer.

For $100/lb, these would have to yield 2g/lb of gold or more to be worth it even to most hobbyists, given the cost of refining.

For hobbyists who simply enjoy the process, maybe they'd go for it at that price.

Latest posts

Back