"14KDJ" stamp??!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diana Chesser

Hello all,
I am brand new, i found this site whilest searching for the answer to the question in this post, so I thought, why not give it a try and see if anyone knows! Anyhow, I have a very light (in weight) pair of hoop earrings, they appear to be silver and gold and based on the clasp, they seem very old....very possible that they were my grandmas....or they could be junk. The stamp reads "14KDJ" I have scoured the internet, and still haven't found any information letting me know what this means?! Anyone know this?! Please help!

Sincerely,

Diana
20231208_082407.jpg
Screenshot_20231208_082240_Gallery.jpg

Hello all,
I am brand new, i found this site whilest searching for the answer to the question in this post, so I thought, why not give it a try and see if anyone knows! Anyhow, I have a very light (in weight) pair of hoop earrings, they appear to be silver and gold and based on the clasp, they seem very old....very possible that they were my grandmas....or they could be junk. The stamp reads "14KDJ" I have scoured the internet, and still haven't found any information letting me know what this means?! Anyone know this?! Please help!

Sincerely,

Diana
View attachment 60684
View attachment 60683
Welcome to us.
The only plausible explanation Google gave me is : 14 Katie Diamond Jewelry

Someone might chime in on this I hope.

It is a manufacturer’s mark. Katie Diamond Jewelry. Diamond is the family name, as far as I have found. Of course, I did not look very hard.

Time for more coffee.

Well does that mean it's gold or not? I've been fooled by Avon earring backers before with some ambiguous mark I can't remember

Seems like they make 14k stuff and mark it kdj. They seem to have a different mark for the plated stuff.

“Scoured the internet” — I don’t believe you.

You are looking for a hallmark identification on a refining forum. That is neither debate nor discussion. There are many websites dedicated to jewelry markings that would need more helpful. Go look.

“Scoured the internet” — I don’t believe you.

You are looking for a hallmark identification on a refining forum. That is neither debate nor discussion. There are many websites dedicated to jewelry markings that would need more helpful. Go look.
Well, it never hurts to ask, and not everyone is fluent in boolerian or googlerian.
1: your answer is not very inviting or helpful, like Yggdrasil's was. (note he did not ask her to go study Hoke's first ;))
2: She had her answer, she was not back afterwards, and with replies like this, i think she will remain absent.

Back